+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "they're the f'ing bullies"

The issue I had with your post was your diplomatic approach. I can't speak for everyone, but I am here to post my opinions, read from others, and to banter every once in a while. It doesn't make sense to me to log on and preach how were are all fanboys in one way or another. Next, you will say that we shouldn't debate who is better as long as everyone tries their best. This is a forum to talk and give opinions, not to stay neutral and give half-assed answers.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    The issue I had with your post was your diplomatic approach. I can't speak for everyone, but I am here to post my opinions, read from others, and to banter every once in a while. It doesn't make sense to me to log on and preach how were are all fanboys in one way or another. Next, you will say that we shouldn't debate who is better as long as everyone tries their best. This is a forum to talk and give opinions, not to stay neutral and give half-assed answers.
    I like you.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    That would be a stretch unless you would actually rank Arvloski, Karitonov, or Rogers ahead of him.
    At the time(2009), brock was ranked behind Arvloski to begin with. He was also ahead of guys like Overeem and Werdum who would have definitely beaten him if they were to have fought back then. JDS, Cain and Big Foot maybe even could have beaten him at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    At the time(2009), brock was ranked behind Arvloski to begin with. He was also ahead of guys like Overeem and Werdum who would have definitely beaten him if they were to have fought back then. JDS, Cain and Big Foot maybe even could have beaten him at that time.
    No, not sure, no, not sure, yes, no, just my opinion though.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    No, not sure, no, not sure, yes, no, just my opinion though.
    Well the first one you are disputing a fact, Arvloski was ranked higher. Overeem was better then than when he beat brock. I also think Nog and Werdum would sub him. Big Foot probably wouldn't but his size and superior striking/bjj skills could create trouble for brock.

Fedor would've beaten Brock in what ever way he chose.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    The Alvarez situation was completely different from the couture situation. Alvarez had fought out his contract. Bjorn publically said he would make one last offer to eddie and then let leave. Eddie then turned down the offer and signed with the Ufc. Bjorn decided to match after he publically said he wouldn't.

Couture tried to leave the ufc while under contract.
    Thank you for saving me the time of typing this out myself!

Well the first one you are disputing a fact, Arvloski was ranked higher. Overeem was better then than when he beat brock. I also think Nog and Werdum would sub him. Big Foot probably wouldn't but his size and superior striking/bjj skills could create trouble for brock.

Fedor would've beaten Brock in what ever way he chose.
    I'm not arguing the ranking, I'm arguing what I think the out come would have been. As far as Reem goes, Brock was different because of his health problems when they fought. I think healthy, aggressive Lesnar probably beats him.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus81 View Post
    Since some took issue with my previous post. Every fan of every sport is a fanboy to one extreme or another. Your favorite football, baseball, basketball, or hockey team. Just like their is at least one fighter you want to always win or feel a close decision should go to. If you can't admit it that's your own hang up. My point is fighters sign contracts knowing they are obligated to its terms. The organizations are a business nothing more. Go to Burger King and tell them you want a New York strip see how that goes for you. Are you going to call KFC a bully cause it pays its employees less than Popeye's? Or tells them they cant wear a Coke button as uniform flare because they only serve Pepsi products?
    None of your analogies are even close to being in line with what the ufc is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus81 View Post
    Since some took issue with my previous post. Every fan of every sport is a fanboy to one extreme or another. Your favorite football, baseball, basketball, or hockey team. Just like their is at least one fighter you want to always win or feel a close decision should go to. If you can't admit it that's your own hang up. My point is fighters sign contracts knowing they are obligated to its terms. The organizations are a business nothing more. Go to Burger King and tell them you want a New York strip see how that goes for you. Are you going to call KFC a bully cause it pays its employees less than Popeye's? Or tells them they cant wear a Coke button as uniform flare because they only serve Pepsi products?

At the time Fedor joined Strikeforce Brock had already become the UFC champ was on a 3 fight win streak... Arvloski on the other hand was on a 2 fight losing streak. Not sure what rankings you were using but no way should a current reigning champ be ranked behind someone that was losing.

Your contention was that Brock would have not been rated any higher then 8th at the time so I was addressing merely that... it's conjecture as to who would win in a fight with some of those guys at this point. I personally think a healthy Brock holds his own against Werdum (remembering his striking has improved a lot since 2009)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information