Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "they're the f'ing bullies"

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus81 View Post
    Since some took issue with my previous post. Every fan of every sport is a fanboy to one extreme or another. Your favorite football, baseball, basketball, or hockey team. Just like their is at least one fighter you want to always win or feel a close decision should go to. If you can't admit it that's your own hang up. My point is fighters sign contracts knowing they are obligated to its terms. The organizations are a business nothing more. Go to Burger King and tell them you want a New York strip see how that goes for you. Are you going to call KFC a bully cause it pays its employees less than Popeye's? Or tells them they cant wear a Coke button as uniform flare because they only serve Pepsi products?
    KFC sucks and I like Pepsi not Coke....

Uniform Flare?????? Not since Office Space have I heard this term used......and never in a serious way before

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    None of your analogies are even close to being in line with what the ufc is doing.
    Lol actually it right on point with all the UFC is a bully crying I see. The fighters don't get paid enough, they agreed to their pay. The UFC is not letting me be sponsored by this company, well actually their not letting you wear that companies logo on their broadcast if you want to go do photo shoots with them or other forms of promotion that's on your time they cant and wont stop you. They can however say no we are sponsored by Bud Light so no you cant wear a Miller Light hat during your post fight interview. Them charging a company a fee to sponsor again not whats happening and again makes perfect sense. Hi we're gonna come on your privately founded multinational broadcast and advertise our brand with out compensating you at all. Though since you didn't understand the analogies at a kindergarten level I doubt you will understand them at a slightly elevated level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    KFC sucks and I like Pepsi not Coke....

Uniform Flare?????? Not since Office Space have I heard this term used......and never in a serious way before
    LOL uniform flare is actually a strongly pushed and recommended form of individualizing your standard issue uniform at retail, fast food, and chain restaurants. Boosts moral in a shitty job and supposedly creates a friendly open atmosphere with the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    At the time Fedor joined Strikeforce Brock had already become the UFC champ was on a 3 fight win streak... Arvloski on the other hand was on a 2 fight losing streak. Not sure what rankings you were using but no way should a current reigning champ be ranked behind someone that was losing.

Your contention was that Brock would have not been rated any higher then 8th at the time so I was addressing merely that... it's conjecture as to who would win in a fight with some of those guys at this point. I personally think a healthy Brock holds his own against Werdum (remembering his striking has improved a lot since 2009)
    I said he was the 8th best not ranked 8. And these rankings http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/1/11...-january-mma-m
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Lol actually it right on point with all the UFC is a bully crying I see. The fighters don't get paid enough, they agreed to their pay. The UFC is not letting me be sponsored by this company, well actually their not letting you wear that companies logo on their broadcast if you want to go do photo shoots with them or other forms of promotion that's on your time they cant and wont stop you. They can however say no we are sponsored by Bud Light so no you cant wear a Miller Light hat during your post fight interview. Them charging a company a fee to sponsor again not whats happening and again makes perfect sense. Hi we're gonna come on your privately founded multinational broadcast and advertise our brand with out compensating you at all. Though since you didn't understand the analogies at a kindergarten level I doubt you will understand them at a slightly elevated level.

My point is fighters sign contracts knowing they are obligated to its terms. The organizations are a business nothing more.
    The ufc told fighters that they would start with a low pay, but were allowed to have sponsors to make some extra cash, then changed that and said ohh wait, you can have sponsors if they pay us 50k per show, now they are saying fighters can only wear ufc clothing. Well, out went that source of income. And I don't think the ufc payed their fighters any more , since they implemented their sponsorship tax. So no, the fighters didn't necessarily know what they were getting into.

Go to Burger King and tell them you want a New York strip see how that goes for you.
    I have no idea what this is even supposed to mean. I cannot understand it's context, can you explain it? Are you saying that we shouldn't go to the ufc and ask them to play a soccer event or something like that?

Are you going to call KFC a bully cause it pays its employees less than Popeye's?
    A person who works at kfc can make more money than the lower payed end of ufc fighters, which is terribly sad considering the ufc is supposed to be a premiere sports company. I think the equivalent would be if kfc was a monopoly and they tried to start paying their workers less than paper boys, in which case they would be bullies/assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I said he was the 8th best not ranked 8. And these rankings http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/1/11...-january-mma-m
    Those rankings are not from when Fedor joined Strikeforce they were well before..

But see as we are talking about best we still go back to my original point that you have Arvloski, Rogers, or Karitonov as being better then Brock by your numbers... As well as unproven Cormier, Silva, and Werdum. No way I'd may the claim that he would have been 8th best

Those rankings are not from when Fedor joined Strikeforce they were well before..

But see as we are talking about best we still go back to my original point that you have Arvloski, Rogers, or Karitonov as being better then Brock by your numbers... As well as unproven Cormier, Silva, and Werdum. No way I'd may the claim that he would have been 8th best
    It wasn't well before it was right before his fight with Rogers.

It wasn't well before it was right before his fight with Rogers.

Bloody Elbow January 2009 MMA Meta-Rankings: Heavyweight

Win 31–1 (1) Brett Rogers KO (punch) Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers 7 November 2009

The rankings are from January 2009 Fedor wasn't even officially signed with Strikeforce until August 2009 8 months later. Much less he didn't fight Rogers til Novemeber 2009 11 months later.

Maybe you define it differently but that is well before

Bloody Elbow January 2009 MMA Meta-Rankings: Heavyweight

Win 31–1 (1) Brett Rogers KO (punch) Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers 7 November 2009

The rankings are from January 2009 Fedor wasn't even officially signed with Strikeforce until August 2009 8 months later. Much less he didn't fight Rogers til Novemeber 2009 11 months later.

Maybe you define it differently but that is well before
    It was still his enxt fight. Arvloski fight was in january 09.

It was still his enxt fight. Arvloski fight was in january 09.
    No idea what you are saying as I wasn't disputing anything to do with Fedor's ranking... much less when even mentioning it.

All I'm saying that saying Brock would have only been the 8th best heavyweight in Strikeforce at the time Fedor joined (August 2009) is a real stretch at best in my opinion.

Thread Information