Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyborg drops to 135, plans to retire Rousey

Hybrid View

Default Cyborg drops to 135, plans to retire Rousey

Cyborg drops to 135, plans to retire Rousey

ďIn reference to Rondaís statement that I am looking for a payday so that I can retire, youíre right, I am looking for a payday to retire you like I did Gina Carano. But to show itís not only about money, I challenge you to a fight Ė winner takes all. Or better yet letís fight for FREE. ANYTIME! ANYWHERE! Ask your daddy Dana to make it happen.

My English is not that great, so sorry if I was misunderstood. I didnít literally mean I would die if I made 135. What I meant was that my doctor recommended that I did not fight the rest of my career at 135, which is what the UFC wanted.

You have fought 154 in the Olympics and 145 in MMA. You can meet me at 140 easier than for me to go down to 135. The only reason you want the fight at 135 is because you feel that is your only chance because you hope the weight cut will affect me. You guys say Iím irrelevant, yet watch my highlights. The true MMA fans not only know me, but know Iím the best. Sad that you give the true MMA fans no recognition by saying that they donít matter.
    Iím currently training to fight at 145 on March 28 and in early May. My team has hired a medical doctor to help me make 135. I plan to challenge and win the Invicta 135 Championship in the summer and challenge you, champion to champion, for your 135 belt in December.

Now I know critics will say ďI thought you said you would die if you made 135.Ē All Iím promising is that I will give 100 percent to try to get to 135 to make this plan happen. If I do, I will still listen to my doctorís advice and fight no more than three times at 135: first to win the Invicta belt, the second time to kick your ass and the third time to kick your ass again so that the world can see it wasnít luck. You can even have me tested every week up to the fight. That way you will not have an excuse after I kick your ass.Ē

2. Default

Cyborg would push her shit in.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I'll begin to care about this "feud" when I actually hear this fight is happening. As long as these women are in different orgs, fighting at different weight classes I cannot muster the energy to care, and find this banter/shit talk annoying.

Ronda will retire before anything of that happens. Cyborg would smash her
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

"Rag doll, livin in a movie."
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

You have fought 154 in the Olympics and 145 in MMA. You can meet me at 140 easier than for me to go down to 135. The only reason you want the fight at 135 is because you feel that is your only chance because you hope the weight cut will affect me.
    Who cares what Ronda has fought at? Irreverent.

If you want to challenge the 135 champ, make weight and prove your shit.

I think Cyborg beats Ronda but until she makes weight, keep talking.

Does everyone who gives her a hard time about weight realize that if Cyborg was gorgeous, and Rousey looked awful, then the UFC would have a 145 division, no 135 division, and everybody would be calling for Rousey to go to the champ's weight class if she wants to fight the champ. The fact that Cyborg got popped for roids only buried her further, but not being marketable as a sex symbol sealed her UFC championship fate far more than anything else. I would bet anyone that the UFC women's division doesn't last 2 years without an attractive champ.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Does everyone who gives her a hard time about weight realize that if Cyborg was gorgeous, and Rousey looked awful, then the UFC would have a 145 division, no 135 division, and everybody would be calling for Rousey to go to the champ's weight class if she wants to fight the champ. The fact that Cyborg got popped for roids only buried her further, but not being marketable as a sex symbol sealed her UFC championship fate far more than anything else. I would bet anyone that the UFC women's division doesn't last 2 years without an attractive champ.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    They don't have an attractive champ right now.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    They don't have an attractive champ right now.
    They think they do, and a lot of people agree. I agree with you. That being said, Rousey isn't terrible looking by anyone's standards, but their are plenty of female fighters who make Bigfoot Silva look like Kate Upton.

Side Note: Try actually picturing a person that makes Bigfoot Silva look like Kate Upton.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Thread Information