+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyborg drops to 135, plans to retire Rousey

This fight will never happen. Dana, Rousey and Rousey's fans know Cyborg would absolute demolish her so they will keep finding excuses to avoid this fight.

And to be honest, as much as I want to see this fight I think it would be a terrible idea. Women's MMA is only where it's at because of how marketable Rousey is. If you had a champion who was light years ahead of everyone else, unattractive, speaks little English and has a history of PED use the average UFC fan would not be interested in WMMA.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    This fight will never happen. Dana, Rousey and Rousey's fans know Cyborg would absolute demolish her so they will keep finding excuses to avoid this fight.

And to be honest, as much as I want to see this fight I think it would be a terrible idea. Women's MMA is only where it's at because of how marketable Rousey is. If you had a champion who was light years ahead of everyone else, unattractive, speaks little English and has a history of PED use the average UFC fan would not be interested in WMMA.
    I'm a pretty serious MMA fan, and I already don't care much about WMMA. I know I don't represent everyone, but I know that none of my casual fan friends care about WMMA at all. I would like to see Rousey get beat, but I sure wouldn't pay for that vomit card, and up until a few months ago, I ordered virtually every ppv.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Who knows, maybe the UFC will change their stance on Cyborg now that Tito has stepped down as her manager (but who knows how real that actually is).

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Thank God the UFC takes such a strong stance against PED users.
    lol

Couldn't agree more.

In terms of Cyborg destroying Rousey, lets see how she does off the roids and with 10 pounds less muscle on her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Does everyone who gives her a hard time about weight realize that if Cyborg was gorgeous, and Rousey looked awful, then the UFC would have a 145 division, no 135 division, and everybody would be calling for Rousey to go to the champ's weight class if she wants to fight the champ. The fact that Cyborg got popped for roids only buried her further, but not being marketable as a sex symbol sealed her UFC championship fate far more than anything else. I would bet anyone that the UFC women's division doesn't last 2 years without an attractive champ.

The more I think about it at 135 it could be very interesting.

I still can't believe the "i'll retire you like I retired Gina C" coment.

Just wow.....

There is no need for this discussion Rousey is losing her title tonight and not getting it back.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

8. Default

So if Rousey loses the title tonight (and the rematch), you think she'll agree to meet Cyborg at a catch-weight then? Or will she have a different excuse?
    ------------------

9. 02-22-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    If you had a champion who was light years ahead of everyone else, unattractive, speaks little English and has a history of PED use the average UFC fan would not be interested in WMMA.
    You forgot she's also a man.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information