Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cyborg drops to 135, plans to retire Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by snakeofdoom View Post
    You forgot she's also a man.
    These "jokes" are not funny anymore. Just shut up

As for the fight, don't forget that Dana can never do the fights the fans really want to see. This fight is never happening.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

Aside from McMann, Zingano, and Cyborg, who is there? I'm not sure about Holly Holm at this point, either.

This has been my main problem with bringing in the wmma aspect to UFC. I'm totally cool with them fighting but there's about 5 legit fighters. After they all fight each other who the hell is left? There is such a quality gap between the top 3-4 and every other WMMA fighter it's ridiculous. Hell even Rousey looks sloppy and undisciplined on her feet, and so far no one else can defend a fucking arm bar.
    This is one of those things that WEC would have been perfect to host, WMMA would get a chance to grow and stabilize without the big league scrutiny on a usually sub-par product. Many other fighters would have got a chance to prove themselves and get exposure as well. Time will tell but as of now most of the top WMMA fighters are one dimensional.

I think WMMA is growing faster and faster in terms of technique. It took years for mens MMA to get to the point where we're seeing spinning roundhouse kicks ending fights. It used to be pretty basic and the striking was terrible for the most part. WMMA will get there, mainly because every female fighter MUST fight with a chip on their shoulder. They probably have to practice longer to throw perfect technique, and of course not everyone will be talented.But the more female fighters get involved in MMA especially after college wrestling and kickboxing, we will see more superstars emerge. I for one love watching these ladies scramble. on the ground, they are all VERY flexible. the fact that two tone female bodies are rolling around with each other doesn't hurt either. But I have tremendous respect for the athletic technique as well. Some one asked who else is there? Rin Nakai comes to mind, if her stupid management ever gets their heads out their asses and brings her state side. Right now she's a very protected fighter in Asia, and I think they would rather keep her undefeated over there than risk her losing in the states. It's a shame because she has the power and he's not a bad looking lady either...
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    She's fought either 2 or 3 times since her suspension, beating Marlos Conen and winning a title along the way plus winning 1 kickboxing fight and is going for the title in that organization. She's doing just fine.

You are assuming she's clean since her return ?

Interesting that you give her the benefit of the doubt but not Vitor

What would happen if Cyborg tested positive again between now and the time this hypothetical matchup takes place? Or even directly after the fight? Does it ruin her career and cause her to lose fans? Or would there be few that cared? To the best of my knowledge she's only tested positive once. I would think it'd be damning, but I don't know fuck. I'd genuinely like to know though.

If Rousey were to test positive at any point, I could only imagine the shit storm that would be hurled at her and Dana due to the things they've said about her. WMMA would be hurt in the mainstream for sure.

article I wrote in Rousey's response and on the results of the fight itself, check it out

http://guardianlv.com/2014/02/ronda-...age-to-cyborg/
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

White: Cris Cyborg needs to fight at 135, then we'll see
    At the UFC 170 post fight press conference, White was asked about the Justino fight.

“Like I told you guys the other day, I think the genius put her in a box – saying you will die if you make 135 pounds,” said White as transcribed by 5thRound. “That’s a pretty bold statement. She would probably have to make 135 pounds a couple times and fight and show that she’s healthy, and then we’ll see what happens.”

White was then told of Justino's plan to fight for the Invicta title over the summer.

“OK, I’m on it,” said White sarcastically. “I just said, she’s gotta fight. She’s gotta make weight a few times and she’s gotta fight. We’ll see what happens.

“There’s a lot of things that have to happen before we… first, we would have to come to a deal. She would have to fight and make 135 pounds somewhere else, and if she’s healthy, maybe we can do it.”

Rousey too was asked about fighting Cris Cyborg, on Fox Sports 1′s post-fight show.

“Of course I’m interested in her," said Rousey. "But she’s the one that asked to be released by the UFC like the day after they announced out-of-competition drug testing. I’m not going anywhere. She knows where I’m at.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    These "jokes" are not funny anymore. Just shut up

As for the fight, don't forget that Dana can never do the fights the fans really want to see. This fight is never happening.
    Meh, she deserves it.

I think they'll make the fight eventually. Just because the talent pool is so thin at this point that it's one of the few marketable fights. They kind of have to.

But as much as I want to see Rousey lose I still won't watch watch this fight though. Even if it's free.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

This is the only interesting women's fight so I'm supporting Cyroid here. The only other thing that would make women's MMA interesting right now is Gina Carano.

Thread Information