Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cyborg drops to 135, plans to retire Rousey

How about we put this conversation on hold until Cyborg successfully makes the cut to 135, wins her fight and tests clean. Until then, she doesn't deserve a shot at the 135 champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    How about we put this conversation on hold until Cyborg successfully makes the cut to 135, wins her fight and tests clean. Until then, she doesn't deserve a shot at the 135 champ.
    this
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    When did I say she was clean?
    In response to this...

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    In terms of Cyborg destroying Rousey, lets see how she does off the roids
    You said this....

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    She's fought either 2 or 3 times since her suspension, beating Marlos Conen and winning a title along the way plus winning 1 kickboxing fight and is going for the title in that organization. She's doing just fine.
    Understand now where you implied she was clean?

Cris Cyborg: Dana White 'will find another problem’ to keep me out of the UFC
    "I’m already used to being a target, so I’m building a castle with the stones people throw at me," Cyborg told MMAFighting.com. "Dana just threw one of the many are yet to come.

"Love me or hate me, it’s all in my favor. If you love me, I’ll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I’ll always be in your mind."

White believes Cyborg "committed professional suicide" by having Tito Ortiz as her manager. Ortiz is out of the picture now, but she doesn’t believe it makes her way to the Octagon any easier.

"That’s a tough question," said Cyborg when asked if White will sign her now that Ortiz is not her manager. "I’m sure (White) will find another problem."

"Tito Ortiz and I, in that short time that we worked together, we created a very nice connection," she continued. "We became a family. I learned many things from him as he must also have learned from me. We talked as friends, and a good friend always wants your best.

"Since we started working he always made clear that he wanted to take care of my future, and many people wouldn’t have done what he did now. We’ll still continue as a family, and that’s the most important."

Cyborg, who tested positive for stanozolol in her final fight for Strikeforce in 2011, also questioned White’s criticism towards her, since several UFC fighters have tested positive for banned substances and keep fighting in the Octagon.

"I don’t think (the criticism) is unfair, I think it’s a joke," she said. "How many (fighters) were caught in the UFC? It’s easier to point a finger to an athlete that fights for other promotion. Have you ever seen someone shoot at their own foot?
    "
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/24...keep-me-out-of

Cyroid you're keeping yourself out of the UFC numpty.

Dana White going 'nuts' over Ronda Rousey vs. Cris Cyborg UFC fight because it's NOT happening
    The Las Vegas fight boss says "Cyborg" will not be Rousey's next opponent inside the Octagon, and by the sound of it, she may not ever get the chance to square off against "Rowdy."

He gave his reason to BT Sport:

"No. The Cyborg thing, I can't believe people are asking me about Cyborg, number one. First of all, she does not fight here. Everybody realizes that, right? See weighs 145 pounds and her genius manager, Tito Ortiz, said that she would die if she went to 135 pounds. She's also coming off a steroid suspension last time she was here. I can't even, it drives me nuts. She will not fight Cyborg. I don't know who she's going to fight. She's going to go film 'Entourage,' the movie, and then we will figure out what's next for her."

Rousey is such a big star that the UFC president ducks fights for her! Anderson Silva must be jealous.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I heard that now GSP is out of the picture, Silva wants a super fight with Rousey.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Rousey is such a big star that the UFC president ducks fights for her! Anderson Silva must be jealous.

Hell if they aren't going to bring in Cyborg can you at least bring in Holly Holm for god sake. The division already lacks top competition for Rousey and you refuse to let someone drop weight, fight at that weight first, then not get a fight she does actually deserve? I'm not interested in a Tate rematch, McMann rematch, or a friggin Carmouche rematch. Zingano won't last a round with Rousey and neither will Davis. lets get real here.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    Hell if they aren't going to bring in Cyborg can you at least bring in Holly Holm for god sake. The division already lacks top competition for Rousey and you refuse to let someone drop weight, fight at that weight first, then not get a fight she does actually deserve? I'm not interested in a Tate rematch, McMann rematch, or a friggin Carmouche rematch. Zingano won't last a round with Rousey and neither will Davis. lets get real here.
    They won't bring in anyone that is a real threat to Ronda. So neither Holm or Cyborg will be in the UFC until Rousey leaves or gets miraculously upset by somebody inferior.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information