Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 170 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So you feel Ronda stands a chance?
    at 135 I think Ronda rag dolls Cyroid.

Fess up. Who paid for this card?

I don't know guys, Sara folded like a paper fan. She didn't grab a leg (until Herb stepped in) or put up an arm to block. When Sara went down, I though Rhonda could have tee'd off on her but didn't (knew she was done?) for some reason.

I'm okay with this stoppage, but it is strange that the ref is Herb Dean again. If I was a fighter and I found out Herb was going to be the ref, I'd have a long talk with him backstage: "Herb, don't screw me over! Watch for my thumbs up, and if I grab a leg, don't stop it for God's sake!"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I'm out folks. That main event stoppage just pissed me off lol. Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    I don't know guys, Sara folded like a paper fan. She didn't grab a leg (until Herb stepped in) or put up an arm to block. When Sara went down, I though Rhonda could have tee'd off on her but didn't (knew she was done?) for some reason.

I'm okay with this stoppage, but it is strange that the ref is Herb Dean again. If I was a fighter and I found out Herb was going to be the ref, I'd have a long talk with him backstage: "Herb, don't screw me over! Watch for my thumbs up, and if I grab a leg, don't stop it for God's sake!"
    It appeared a bit quick but she dropped and she did not have an issue with the stoppage, that tells me she was hurt bad.

6. Default

Hahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No really.

It appeared a bit quick but she dropped and she did not have an issue with the stoppage, that tells me she was hurt bad.
    Or that she has class. Doesn't mean she wasn't thinking it.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Can't believe I left work for that minute long fight. Oh well, I'm back now.

It did look like an early stoppage, but on the other side McMann did look hurt how she dropped and didn't try to defend. A few more strikes from Rousey would've made it a good stoppage. Maybe McMann would've recovered, maybe not. It's odd Rousey didn't pounce or try to finish it at that point.

Any guesses on OTN awards? The main event was exciting, but shouldn't be FOTN IMO, seeing as how it ended so quickly. Cormier shouldn't get a POTN award either, as he was meant to steamroll that guy. Maybe MacDonald for the comeback after losing the first round?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    Fess up. Who paid for this card?
    STFU narc

Seriously though, I don't thing anyone would admit to paying for this PPV. Clearly it should have been a Fight Night, or at least a Fox card. Shit was weak. I hope they did horribly, so they never make Rhonda a main event again, especially when trying to pass off some random dude off the street as a co-main event status fighter
    Last edited by Spoon; 02-23-2014 at 01:12 AM.

9. Default

It's always frustrating to see someone who you dislike do well, lol.

It should be smooth sailing for Ronda from here on out. She has zero challengers now at 135. Davis would get eaten alive. Cat is scrappy but isn't ready. Ronda has already beaten everyone else. Holly is too green grappling wise, and Cyborg has yet to fight at 135.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So you feel Ronda stands a chance?
    Yup and I think she wins.

Thread Information