+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: UFC 170 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I watched for free because a buddy's wife wanted to get it for the two female fights.....I didn't have the heart to tell her one of them was free so I went solely to watch Rory/Maia and DC.

I just don't get how Pyle can beat on TJ for a minute after he quit defending but Herb jumped in the main event.

Just from my perspective, the stoppage was just but when a ref is a step or two out, if the fighter is getting back up prior to his touching one of the fighters, he should let it go when the hurt fighter is getting up and defending. I know the rule is that if they touch a fighter, it's over but Herb had a chance to let that one go.
    It was a shitty stoppage imo. She was getting right back up. We know if it was Rousey who got dropped, it surely wouldn't have been stopped like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    It was a shitty stoppage imo. She was getting right back up. We know if it was Rousey who got dropped, it surely wouldn't have been stopped like that.
    It was shitty that it happened but I think the stoppage was just. She dropped and didn't defend at all for a few ticks. Also, it would be hard for me to blame the refs at this point when it comes to WMMA. They react differently than men in situations and the refs are just now starting to get used to it IMO.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    It was shitty that it happened but I think the stoppage was just. She dropped and didn't defend at all for a few ticks. Also, it would be hard for me to blame the refs at this point when it comes to WMMA. They react differently than men in situations and the refs are just now starting to get used to it IMO.
    I agree with it being shitty it happened but damn that's two main events in a row for Herb. I also find very hard to believe he'd stop it so fast if it was the champ or champs on the end of those shots.

I think he could have gave her a chance to defend herself at the very least. What bothers me most with these situations is how they can ruin careers i.e. Urijah probably saw his last title shot, McMann's first stain on her record is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I agree with it being shitty it happened but damn that's two main events in a row for Herb. I also find very hard to believe he'd stop it so fast if it was the champ or champs on the end of those shots.

I think he could have gave her a chance to defend herself at the very least. What bothers me most with these situations is how they can ruin careers i.e. Urijah probably saw his last title shot, McMann's first stain on her record is questionable.
    Imagine Dana White's fury if Ronda had been on the losing of that quick stoppage. Herb is quickly becoming a liability. If I were a title challenger I'd politely request someone else.

I agree with you guys. I really do.

I think he could have gave her a chance to defend herself at the very least.
    That's my point about him being a step away. By the time he reacted she was getting up and defending.

That being said, I still believe they are finding their way when it comes to WMMA and there have been so few KO's that it makes it difficult for them. (Maybe I'm giving them too much credit here).
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Found this funny lol

Bahadurzada @SiyarTheGreat Follow After a shot to the liver your brain, heart and liver:
    Heart: Get up already, damn it!
    Brain: shut up heart!
    Liver: I'm out, screw u both!

Bahadurzada @SiyarTheGreat Follow Why is Maia so anxious to meet Rory's kicks half way and headbutt his shin? ��

I corrected it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Imagine Dana White's fury if Ronda had been on the losing of that quick stoppage to someone who wasn't at least as attractive as her. Herb is quickly becoming a liability. If I were a title challenger I'd politely request someone else.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information