+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 113

Thread: Arianny: Rousey not a good role model

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    "She’s paving the way for women’s MMA, and I’ve made being a UFC Octagon Girl into a career. She should definitely recognize that and be nice."

    You walk around the ring carrying a sign with numbers on it. You got breast implants and other plastic surgery. What is there to recognize? Additional pressure on women to meet unrealistic expectations of men, which your body didn't even provide in the first place? Dana White could go out an find 500,000 other American girls that could replace you, Rousey is the best at her job.
    I think that Ronda should stop demeaning people for absolutely no reason. She has shown a lack of respect for certain individuals and clearly lacks the ability to be a role model in that aspect.

    Although there is no reason to put down Arianny, I don't think there is a reason to specifically recognize her UFC octagon girl status as a talent or an accomplishment. That job is just exploiting her sexuality and should be something that young girls should not strive for. Then again, that's just my opinion, and I'm okay if people disagree with my view.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    DW paid to have her make that list. Rousey has nothing on Arianny. Gina Carano was 10 times hotter than Rousey.

    I miss Carano like I miss Fedor.
    Lol....Lol...Lol.....I miss Carano as well....

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottsec View Post
    Lol....Lol...Lol.....I miss Carano as well....
    Well maybe not exactly like I miss Fedor cause I didn't want to crocadile ride Fedor like I do Carano. haha. It was an MMA-related missing someone who retired I guess. The comparable thing with Carano to Fedor was the total class act and likablitiy all carnal thoughts aside.

    What is Carano up to these days!?

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    NEWS ALERT everyone in them mags gets airbrushed lol
    I think the point is that when models get airbrushed, they look incredible, but when Ronda gets airbrushed, she just looks average or a little above it.



  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    gresham oregon
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    "She’s paving the way for women’s MMA, and I’ve made being a UFC Octagon Girl into a career. She should definitely recognize that and be nice."

    You walk around the ring carrying a sign with numbers on it. You got breast implants and other plastic surgery. What is there to recognize? Additional pressure on women to meet unrealistic expectations of men, which your body didn't even provide in the first place? Dana White could go out and find 500,000 other American girls that could replace you, Rousey is the best at her job.
    She doesnt just walk around holding a sign durring events she actually interacts with fans between intermission like taking photos with them and such. I know its not that big of a deal but besides patting randy on his back while he was walking to the octagon during ufc 102 that was my highlight of the event. Irrelevant to your point I know but just sayin she puts smiles on peoples faces

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    "She’s paving the way for women’s MMA, and I’ve made being a UFC Octagon Girl into a career. She should definitely recognize that and be nice."

    You walk around the ring carrying a sign with numbers on it. You got breast implants and other plastic surgery. What is there to recognize? Additional pressure on women to meet unrealistic expectations of men, which your body didn't even provide in the first place? Dana White could go out and find 500,000 other American girls that could replace you, Rousey is the best at her job.
    Actually, both ladies are successful largely because they have been able to amass a following. If Arianny left the ufc, I bet she wouldn't have much trouble finding another high profile job. Being able to market yourself is a very important skill, it's not just big tits and a pretty face (although that is important.) How many of those 500,000 american girls would actually make it as big as Arianny?



  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,719

    Default

    Personally I wouldn't want my daughter thinking of either one of them as a role model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.




  8. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,036

    Default

    I really don't find Ronda attractive at all.She clearly thinks she is drop dead gorgeous and the nerdy fanboys who worship her and get tattoos of her makes it even worse. The UFC seemingly tries to convince people that she is so hot and these losers who are mesmerized by the fact that there is a female fighter that is kind of not ugly are all for it.

  9. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Well I tried, I really did guys. I brought up Carano so people would start posting pictures of her and we could all forget the shit that Rousey does to piss us off. Man, is it Friday yet?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •