Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jose Aldo has a little message for Dana White..

Default Jose Aldo has a little message for Dana White..

Jose Aldo has a little message for Dana White: 'Pound-for-pound rankings are f---ing useless'

The champion has heard that critique, and offers his rebuttal to Tatame (via MMA Fighting):

"We need to know how to handle the criticism. You dedicate and suffer a lot to showcase your technique and ability, things that few people can do, and some people say you're laying back. It's tough, but I don't care about this. If you lose, no one will remember you, but if you're the champion they will always remember you. I want to keep winning, no matter what. The [pound-for-pound] ranking is fucking useless, and I don't care about it or anything people put on (about it). The best pound-for-pound fighter is (Cain) Velasquez because he beats all of them. If they put him against me, he'd beat me. That's how it works for me. The best is that one that beats everybody. I don't care about the rankings."
    Jose Aldo's next move unclear, but trainer fine with Pettis-Melendez matchup
    Even though fans will seemingly miss out on the highly anticipated bout once again, Aldo’s head coach Andre Pederneiras says he had no idea the fight was scrapped but isn’t too upset about it.

Why? Because “Showtime” was the one who campaigned for the fight in the first place.

“It was Pettis who issued the challenge,” Pederneiras told MMAjunkie. “Aldo accepted and was awaiting a date to be chosen.”

While it’s unfortunate Aldo will have to delay his goal of becoming just the third fighter in UFC history to win belts in two weight classes, Pederneiras doesn’t believe his student will be flustered by this latest development.

“In reality, I just learned about this myself,” Pederneiras told MMAjunkie. “I haven’t talked to Aldo yet, but we’re not worried about it.”
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-24-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Mendes/Aldo should absolutely be next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

He is right. Pound for pound is a stupid concept. His comment was word for word, one of the best quotes I've ever heard. This of course is assuming all quotes have equal wording, syllables, and lettering.

Mendes deserves the next shot hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

It's close between Cub and Mendes IMO. I prefer Mendes because the bigger threat to Aldo and I think he is solidly #2 in that division. Cub Swanson has beat the better competition in their respective winning streaks. He is also coming off a much better performance as well.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Mendes deserves the next shot hands down.
    Nah, not hands down. You can make a really good case for cub swanson.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

7. Default

Where in there does it say he's talking to Dana?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Where in there does it say he's talking to Dana?
    its in the actual article
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    He is right. Pound for pound is a stupid concept. His comment was word for word, one of the best quotes I've ever heard. This of course is assuming all quotes have equal wording, syllables, and lettering.
    Actually his comment is contrary to the concept of the P4P. It's completely opposite.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Thread Information