Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jose Aldo has a little message for Dana White..

Fuck Aldo.....I like the P4p rankings....

I am not interested in another Aldo-Mendes fight. In their first fight Aldo easily destroyed Mendes and I don't think it will be very different this time.

But yeah, there are not many options left. It is not that for once, Dana White can actually make some superfight happen.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by scottsec View Post
    Fuck Aldo.....I like the P4p rankings....
    yes but the criteria is very stupid. Essentially whoever is fighting next Dana proclaims them as the p4p best fighter in the world.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Dana is P4P the biggest liar and douche in sports right now.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Very true as I view P4P as using a fighters skill verses a others in a equal body/reach,height & ect... than who would win.
    We have seen Jones & Anderson tear through their div, but when they had a opponett as tall and simular reach they had problems.
    I think that's his point though... all fighters don't share the same attributes, and never will. So it's impossible to judge... He's being a realist. Not living in a theoretical world where he's the same size as Velasquez.

Plus your reach, size, and speed are part of what makes you the fighter you are... of course jones is going to utilize his reach... he'd be a fool not to, and so you can't ignore that as a plus....Sure, he was lucky to get that length, he wouldn't be as good without it.... but he's got it all the same.... so that doesn't matter

...but for a moment imagine Aldo with the size and power of Cain, but retaining all the skills he has.... That would be awesome. lol

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    yes but the criteria is very stupid. Essentially whoever is fighting next Dana proclaims them as the p4p best fighter in the world.
    The criteria isn't necessarily stupid.

dana using the term as a marketing tool has muddied the water, making the term--when used without any qualifiers--less viable.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    I think that's his point though... all fighters don't share the same attributes, and never will. So it's impossible to judge...
    It was never meant to be a form of judgement.

It was meant to be used as speculation. It was generally followed with some commentary:
    first debater: RJJ is p4p the best because of his skillsets: handspeed, defense, power, etc. An RJJ the size of Ruiz would rule the world.
    second debater: RJJ's stamina is questionable, and you can only imagine it would be worse if he was bigger.

The proclamations that zuffa drops "Jon Jones is the best p4p" without any discussion aren't speculations based on any criteria. They're just a marketing scam, taken up by fans who are ignorant of the term's history and are often intellectually capable of rendering their own argument. So they say things like "Jones is the best p4p because dana said so," or "check website X" without any qualification.

But the point of the term was always speculation in the theoretical realm. It was generally meant to open debate, unless you agreed with the criteria stated.

Plus your reach, size, and speed are part of what makes you the fighter you are... of course jones is going to utilize his reach... he'd be a fool not to, and so you can't ignore that as a plus....Sure, he was lucky to get that length, he wouldn't be as good without it.... but he's got it all the same.... so that doesn't matter
    the concept would be folded into the debate, all the same.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information