Georges St-Pierre says battle with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) reason behind UFC leave
During a recent interview with CBC News, "Rush" revealed that it was his battle with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) that's been driving him crazy and forced him away from the sport he's dominated for the better part of the last decade.

If you're wondering how something like that affected him, Georges explained it the best way he could by saying, while having the disorder isn't all negative for a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter, obsessing over an opponent on a daily bases and the pressures that come with being a target, were just too much to handle.

His words:

"As a competitor, as a fighter, it's a good thing to have it because it makes you better, because you completely obsess about being a better martial artist. Every day, everything that you do is oriented toward a goal. This same obsession I have about my work, my job, to make me better, it was going to drive me crazy. That's why I took that break. I don't call it a retirement because I don't know if it will be, but, I had to step away from the competition for a while. I've been doing it for so long. First, I started because it was fun, I loved it. Then the fun became a business. Then the business with the critics, the expectations, the pressure; you're the target and everybody wants what you have. You become obsessive like crazy, so, I had to get out to keep my mental health."