Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IFL!!! Seems like it is going to blow UFC out of the water.

Default IFL!!! Seems like it is going to blow UFC out of the water.

If anyone has read up about the new IFL and I am just finding out about it then I guess i Have been down on my reading but from what it seems the IFL is going to blow UFC out of the water , thoughts anybody?

The IFL is great but nothing is going to blow the UFC out of the water in the u.s. right now. It takes a while to get established. The IFL has a great idea and they've put on two entertaining cards so far, which is you weren't there you haven't seen them all yet because they didn't air them all. I hope they are very successful and i hope their idea spreads and it joins all the promotions eventually but that's a long shot and nowhere in the near future. But we'll see what happens as they put on more shows, i'm sure they'll become a force eventually.

Yeah I doubt the IFl is going to do over night what took the UFC 13 years to do.I doubt that the IFL is going to be blowing anyone out of the water anytime soon.there a good young orginization and there making some good moves with there TV deal with FSN ,but they still have a ways to go before they can start seriously competeing with the UFC.

I'll be routing the IFL on, but they won't be blowing anyone out of the water. They won't blow Strikeforce out of the water, they won't blow the IFL out the water, and they sure as hell aren't blowing UFC and PRIDE out of the water. They might linkly sprinkle them with water drops, but that's the only submerging they gonna do. Did I use that word right? Anyways, IFL is a great concept (not the team stuff, just the fighter-first attitude) but the team stuff sets them apart from everyone else, which if it catches on could turn out to be a really good thing. I hated the entire idea before seeing it. Saw it, and enjoyed it. But it still seemed like a B-level version of UFC, despite the good production values and name-credible coaches supporting the concept.

I don't like IFL's chances to blow the UFC out of the water when they have "Superfights" like Wes Sims vs Daniel Gracie. I like the IFL though and it has alot of potential. It will be interesting to see the rosters of the new teams that have formed. They still have a long way to go till they are on UFC's level though IMO.

As of right now the only serious threat I see to UFC as far as US organizations go is WFA. The new WFA has really put together an excellent card for their rebirth. I don't know if they will be able to continue to do this time after time, but it's a great start. Strikeforce has alot of potential too, but they have yet to be on PPV or TV, so I don't think they are a serious threat yet.

6. Default

IFL is still too much of a baby to blow anything out of the water. Has some growing up to do before is challenges any of the other MMA organizations in any meaningful way.

give IFL some time and they'll get as big as UFC....i gurantee it.

as for WFA...im not too excited about it...doens't seem like it will last long...but who knows, i might be wrong.

IFL has had a few decent cards but if you think they can compete with UFC cards then you're hallucinating. Ben Rothwell isn't exactly going to get people eagerly anticipating the next IFL event.

WFA looks a lot better than the IFL.They have a pretty solid card for there upcoming show.

Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Lindland
    Ricco Rodriguez vs. Ron Waterman
    Ryoto Machida vs. Vernon White
    Ivan Salaverry vs. Art Santore
    Bas Rutten vs. Kimo Leopoldo
    Jason Miller vs. Lodune Sincaid
    Rob McCullough vs. Harris Sarmiento
    Jorge Oliveira vs. Marvin Eastman

Thread Information