Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IFL!!! Seems like it is going to blow UFC out of the water.

1. Default

Yeah, I agree. I don't see the IFL competing with the UFC any time in the near or distant future. And between the WFA and the IFL I think I'd have to go with the WFA, their cards are better, they have attracted better overall talent.

Yeah I think WFA could blow UFC out of the water, its been said that IFL is losing money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Yeah I think WFA could blow UFC out of the water, its been said that IFL is losing money.
    I don't think anyone is going to be blowing the UFC out of the water any time soon. They've attracted some good talent lately.They signed a huge deal with Spike,they're having a ppv monthly now and are rumored to sign a deal with HBO.I can't see anyone blowing them out of the water anytime soon. like I said earlier no mma orginization is going to do over night what took the UFC 13 years to do.

right now, the wfa has one promising looking card, but outside of that, no one knows what it's going to be like or if it will really challenge the ufc. it looks like they're putting money and effort into the promotion, but we need to see what kind of product they put out with the ppv and if they can get something going past this one card to see if there's anything there.
    as for the ifl, the cards they put on have been entertaining, and there's something there, but i think that, while the team concept can bring in casual sports fans, they could stand to do some retooling with it that could help both the general product and it's appeal to more hardcore mma fans. the superbouts are a start (the return of militich and promise of bas being more enticing than sims/gracie), but i think the whole team vs. team best of five thing is just confusing and kind of unwieldy. i think that a more interesting and viable concept would be, instead of best of five, to just have each match reflect on a team's total record (i.e. if bart palaszewski beats john shackleford, miletich is 1-0 and rutten is 0-1) and keep standings throughout the year.

WFA is pumping a lot of money into their promotion and they're most likely going to have a great show. But at this point in time, I can't see them being able to afford paying guys the salaries that they are paying them. And it is very hard to promote PPVs when you don't have a PPV deal. UFC could get away with it before they got on Spike because UFC is viewed as the name brand of MMA in North America.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStriker
    WFA is pumping a lot of money into their promotion and they're most likely going to have a great show. But at this point in time, I can't see them being able to afford paying guys the salaries that they are paying them. And it is very hard to promote PPVs when you don't have a PPV deal. UFC could get away with it before they got on Spike because UFC is viewed as the name brand of MMA in North America.
    Agreed. WFA seems like they are on the right track, and they have made themselves more of a recognizable name lately, but they have a lot of catching up to do to get to where the UFC is. Realistically, no one is going to challenge the UFC for the top spot on the totem pole anytime soon. The gap between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and third places in MMA organizations are shrinking all the time, but the UFC just has too much of a head start, and is too consistently better than the other organizations to have to start worrying yet.

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    I don't think anyone is going to be blowing the UFC out of the water any time soon. They've attracted some good talent lately.They signed a huge deal with Spike,they're having a ppv monthly now and are rumored to sign a deal with HBO.I can't see anyone blowing them out of the water anytime soon. like I said earlier no mma orginization is going to do over night what took the UFC 13 years to do.
    Well if someone that is willing to spend money and somehow sign a deal with ESPN....it could take 2 years.

WFA looks a lot better than the IFL.They have a pretty solid card for there upcoming show.

Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Lindland
    Ricco Rodriguez vs. Ron Waterman
    Ryoto Machida vs. Vernon White
    Ivan Salaverry vs. Art Santore
    Bas Rutten vs. Kimo Leopoldo
    Jason Miller vs. Lodune Sincaid
    Rob McCullough vs. Harris Sarmiento
    Jorge Oliveira vs. Marvin Eastman

I AGREE WITH THAT
    " If the world were a girl I'd stick my dick in the ground, fuck the world" - 2pac
    NOR CAL FIGHTING ALLIANCE
    DAVID TERRELL

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Well if someone that is willing to spend money and somehow sign a deal with ESPN....it could take 2 years.
    i think mma needs to show a bit more promise and marketability to get espn onboard. i believe that in the past they have shown a bit of a bias against mma, but then again, lampley has been super against mma and ufc is supposed to be signing a deal... and espn sponsored rampage in pride (i had forgotten about this until they showed the match on the fsn show the other day and blurred out the ad on rampage's trunks), but sponsoring a fighter is different than airing the sport.

WFA looks a lot better than the IFL.They have a pretty solid card for there upcoming show.

Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Lindland
    Ricco Rodriguez vs. Ron Waterman
    Ryoto Machida vs. Vernon White
    Ivan Salaverry vs. Art Santore
    Bas Rutten vs. Kimo Leopoldo
    Jason Miller vs. Lodune Sincaid
    Rob McCullough vs. Harris Sarmiento
    Jorge Oliveira vs. Marvin Eastman

pretty good card

Thread Information