Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IFL!!! Seems like it is going to blow UFC out of the water.

That WFA card is totally awsome!

Personally the I think the WFA card looks pimp as hell but I'm not sure how good of a card it is from a business point of view. Looking at the lineup, the WFA is dumping ALOT of money into this card. Most of the guys on there don't come cheap but even so they aren't very recognizable names to the general American MMA fan. This is a card for the hardcore fans (which is why we all love it) but in the end hardcore fans aren't where the money is at, theres just not enough of us compared to the general fans.

Quote Originally Posted by yumitree
    i think mma needs to show a bit more promise and marketability to get espn onboard. i believe that in the past they have shown a bit of a bias against mma, but then again, lampley has been super against mma and ufc is supposed to be signing a deal... and espn sponsored rampage in pride (i had forgotten about this until they showed the match on the fsn show the other day and blurred out the ad on rampage's trunks), but sponsoring a fighter is different than airing the sport.
    ESPN cant air any MMA other then K1. They signed some rediculous contract with them, but I think that contract is coming to an end pretty soon or its another 5 years left, I cant really remember. But to think that can K1 can get ESPN to air Hero's, would be pretty damn cool.

ah, ok... they're airing iska kickboxing, though and i thought that strikeforce was an iska thing (what with iska using the strikeforce name for some of their kickboxing stuff and cung le doing the strikeforce mma events).
    heroes on espn would be nice, but i saw a mention of the heroes middleweight event on events indemand... yup. july 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by yumitree
    ah, ok... they're airing iska kickboxing, though and i thought that strikeforce was an iska thing (what with iska using the strikeforce name for some of their kickboxing stuff and cung le doing the strikeforce mma events).
    heroes on espn would be nice, but i saw a mention of the heroes middleweight event on events indemand... yup. july 14th.
    Hell yeah! Thanks for the news. Finally they put Hero's on PPV. I wonder how long the delay is though.

nevermind, it's just Hero's 5 from a couple of months ago. It's still cool that they will finally show it on PPV. Hopefully they show the upcoming GPs on a quicker delay. It sucks knowing the results 2 months before the PPV airs.

i think someone on this board (maybe kass101, as he seems to be pretty up on k1 doings) mentioned something about quicker ppv airdates for future k1/heroes events.

Isnt ISKA a branch off of K1?

ok this might sound stupid...but I don't know what the IFL is...it's obviously an MMA corporation...but how long have they been going for and how many shows they produce...if they were going to blow the UFC out of the water shouldn't I have heard of them

Quote Originally Posted by mattsoper
    ok this might sound stupid...but I don't know what the IFL is...it's obviously an MMA corporation...but how long have they been going for and how many shows they produce...if they were going to blow the UFC out of the water shouldn't I have heard of them
    It's a new MMA organization. They are using a team format for their matches. They've only had about 3 shows so far, though someone else may correct me on the exact number. Here's a link: http://www.internationalfightleague.com/Index.aspx

Thread Information