+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz Asks for UFC Release via Twitter

Default Nate Diaz Asks for UFC Release via Twitter

Nate Diaz Asks for UFC Release via Twitter

In a surprise move, perennial lightweight contender Nate Diaz (17-9) took to social media Wednesday afternoon to ask for his release from the UFC.

"I would like to request to be released from the @ufc. It's time for me to be on my way .. ?" Diaz wrote on Twitter in a message addressed to both UFC President Dana White and the official UFC account.

Diaz's announcement comes just days after the UFC matched an extremely lucrative contract offer initially extended to friend and longtime teammate Gilbert Melendez by Bellator MMA.

Diaz, currently the UFC's No. 5 ranked lightweight, has competed within the promotion since winning The Ultimate Fighter 5 in 2007. He holds a 12-7 record over that time, and fell short in his only title shot, losing a unanimous decision against Benson Henderson in 2012.

Representatives of Diaz's management did not immediate return messages left by MMAFighting.com.

UFC officials have yet to comment on the situation.

Sooooo close to 4:20.

such a Professional way to try and quit your job

k bye

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don't understand the question mark at the end. Is he telling us it's time for him to be on his way, or is he asking of if it's time for him to be on his way. The UFC has shown in the past that it doesn't let guy go on their terms, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Bleacher report is stating the tweet is now deleted. Even more interesting.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Maybe hacked idk interesting though. Its not like he can give a 2 week notice and being under contract all he can do is decline fights till ufc has had enough of him.

Nate's Cesar Gracie teammate, Gilbert Melendez, didn't say a word via Twitter or social media during his negotiations with Bellator and the UFC. It would behoove Nate to follow his lead. If he's at the end of his contract then he should seek a counter offer from Bellator and let them do the talking. Otherwise he should fight out his contract and then seek a competing offer. I'd love for him to be compensated for what he's worth but I don't think the random tweet is anything significant.
    Last edited by trustkill; 02-26-2014 at 09:38 PM.

HAHAHAA what the hell? why didn't he call or text them or something?

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Nate's Cesar Gracie teammate, Gilbert Melendez, didn't say a word via Twitter or social media during his negotiations with Bellator and the UFC. It would behoove Nate to follow his lead. If he's at the end of his contract than he should seek a counter offer from Bellator and let them do the talking. Otherwise he should fight out his contract and then seek a competing offer. I'd love for him to be compensated for what he's worth but I don't think the random tweet is anything significant.
    They might be on the same team but they definitely don't carry themselves the same. There's the Diaz's on one side and Shields/Melendez on the other.

With that being said, I'd personally love to see Nate in Bellator. He has more of a chance to get the belt there although both Alvarez and Chandler beat him down, especially Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    HAHAHAA what the hell? why didn't he call or text them or something?
    He's keepin' it real on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenWarrior View Post
    I don't understand the question mark at the end. Is he telling us it's time for him to be on his way, or is he asking of if it's time for him to be on his way. The UFC has shown in the past that it doesn't let guy go on their terms, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Bleacher report is stating the tweet is now deleted. Even more interesting.
    Just checked and the tweet is still up

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information