Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz Asks for UFC Release via Twitter

Read the giant one I wrote after that one, its all there...I'd at least expect you to read all of my replies if your gonna criticize what I said.. even tho it may be alot.

I agree that fighters should get paid better, but I've never understood the "careers in this field are short, so you should get paid a ton" argument. If your career doesn't last long, then you should probably have a plan for after, and not expect that career to set you up for life. I hear football players say "the average NFL career is (x) years", and "the window to get paid is so small", ok, then you should probably do something else when you need a new job at 25-26. It's not like they get used up past the point of functioning, and most should have a college degree. Working for 4-5 years probably shouldn't set you up for life no matter what you do. If I was Holliday help somewhere, I wouldn't expect to get paid better than anyone else, just because my time is short. I'd be free after to make more money elsewhere.

Most of this rant actually has nothing to do with Diaz, and more to do with the short career comment.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Don't be so lazy next time. Nobody wants to have to answer to somebody about something they just typed a giant response about...especially when their being snobby about it. And its called renegotiating for a reason...because both parties didn't get it right the first time. You know that such things happen in businesses everywhere right ? Or are you under the impression that every contract that has been signed in the history of the world has been completed from its original form without being adjusted.. its a necessary business practice that happens at times and I think this would be a bit appropriate time. And to donosaur...Diaz has put in a shitload of time specifically for the ufc. Its not as much of how short his window is now as opposed to all the work he has already put in for this one company. And a nice raise from 15k to show is pretty damn far from a ton. Apologies for the run on paragraph but haven't figured this phone out yet.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-27-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    15 + 15 is garbage for a top 5 fighter. Rory MacDonald is getting 50 + 50, and he's been solidly ranked for less than a year. That should be a good benchmark for someone who has been fighting as long as Nate has and has been ranked as long as Nate has.
    I dont think Rory should be making more than Nate Diaz so I guess Rory is over paid. LOL.

Yeah, I wrote it, and then wrote another reply and addressed exactly what you were talking about...which, you were too lazy to read. Reading every single post is one thing but not keeping yourself up to date with the person your replying to is lazy, no way around it. On top of that, it is an obvious fact that everybody in this thread knows. I mean, who would have thought that Diaz and his manager agreed to a contract he is currently under lol thanks for sharing your great info and letting me in on that crazy fact. So are you going to keep goingon and on about something everyone knows or are you actually going to say something useful ?
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-27-2014 at 06:32 PM.

I'd really like to know how much $ the signing bonus was before I describe how I feel about a Diaz. Although I really don't have much sympathy for trying to abandon a valid contract.

Thread Information