Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz Asks for UFC Release via Twitter

..since clearly that's what I meant and not just the ones related to this thread. But stuff happens and sometimes you don't feel like reading every post but you'd be annoyed too if youd just addressed a topic and someone asked you about it a short time later in a snobby fashion.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-27-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Sakara's forum arguments are second to none in the entertainment department.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

He always gets to a point where he is just arguing to argue. Staying on the point at hand would be nice but it doesn't take long to be past the point of no return around here..

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    He always gets to a point where he is just arguing to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I disagree, potentially. Yes, he signed the contract, and deserves to share the blame with his management, but we don't know what he's been promised in terms of the "back room bonuses" that often come up whenever anyone disagrees with fighters disclosed pay.
    Agreed we don't really know what his contract entails other then the stuff they have to report due to the athletic commission.

Yes, it's a business. I get that. But I'd also bet that anyone who thinks the UFC's contracts and the UFC's business practices are equitable has never worked for a promotion like that. Stating that he shouldn't be "whining" or complaining is pretty short sighted. If I'd worked my ass off for a promotion and they were offering me risk/reward scenarios like Nate is getting, while simultaneously promoting guys with weaker records and less experience more than me, I'd feel entitled to complain.
    No doubt that the UFC will do whatever they can to have a contract work in their favour. I'm sure they are not easy to work with and you have to fight to get every penny and concession from them.

All those things are certainly grounds for Nate to be making more money, but they are things that should be coming up during a contract negotiation not afterwards. I don;t really have a high tolerance for people that complain about things after the fact. It's not like Nate wasn't aware of what his contract stated the day he signed it.

If you worked your ass off for a job and it comes contract time would you sign the contract if you didn't think the terms were fair or something that you would have a problem working under ?

If you take a job and know exactly what the job entails including the salary then decide a few months later that your not getting paid enough doesn't that seem silly to you ?

I don't think the format in which he's expressing his concern is going to do him any favors, but if Nate wants to be ineffective and self-destruct, I can't disagree that he's got the right to do so.
    He certainly isn't going to win a new contract in the manner he is trying to do so.. he has a right to right complain sure but still comes off as whining to me given the circumstances.

I see a 'Diaz' on a card and i'm watching it. How many people are like me?

Try this at home.......
    Work 7 years for the number 1 MMA org' on the planet and get in a cage once every 12ish weeks with fucken killer guys like benson and thompson.

15 + 15 AINT SHIT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    Hell ya.

While I recognize they are talented... some of the dumb stuff they do in the ring makes their fights not as enjoyable to watch. Showboating and acting like tough guys doesn't make me a fan.

Lots of other guys out there that are better to watch and they show up to a fight without the drama shows in and out of the ring.

15 + 15 AINT SHIT!!
    Yeah i hear ya i look forward to watching the diaz brothers get beat up, big Condit and Thompson fan here. I hated it when Nate embarrassed Kurt Pellingrino. Loved seeing Rory mop the canvas with Nate.

15/15 aint shit like u say but there was a signing bonus

Thread Information