Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz Asks for UFC Release via Twitter

It's about time.

TUF winner, former title contender, always comes to fight hard, has finished some good fighters, and only gets 15K to show lol that's a complete joke.

And the fat bald douche actually had the nerve to say "He's only won one fight in a row. We will talk about a new contract when he puts together a couple of wins in a row". LOL. Seriously? Losing to Benson and then one bad fight against Thompson (First time he's been finished in UFC) all of a sudden takes away from all of the other fights he's put in for the UFC? Plus he just whipped Grey's ass with ease, didn't have to take a fuckton of brain damage to get it done either like Frankie who was the champ for a while.

The "Your only as good as your last fight" mentality shouldn't apply when your a promoter/president but what else would you expect from the fat and brash moron. Getting offered a Khabib fight for 15k to show when Khabib is very good young talent but has no name, that's a load of shit. Hope he actually gets paid in Bellator, I think he can take Alvarez but Chandler would be a tough fight, but when Nate looks his best he looks pretty good and is capable of beating those guys imo.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-27-2014 at 12:22 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    It's about time.

TUF winner, former title contender, always comes to fight hard, has finished some good fighters, and only gets 15K to show lol that's a complete joke.

And the fat bald douche actually had the nerve to say "He's only won one fight in a row. We will talk about a new contract when he puts together a couple of wins in a row". LOL. Seriously? Losing to Benson and then one bad fight against Thompson (First time he's been finished in UFC) all of a sudden takes away from all of the other fights he's put in for the UFC? Plus he just whipped Grey's ass with ease, didn't have to take a fuckton of brain damage to get it done either like Frankie who was the champ for a while.

The "Your only as good as your last fight" mentality shouldn't apply when your a promoter/president but what else would you expect from the fat and brash moron. Getting offered a Khabib fight for 15k to show when Khabib is very good young talent but has no name, that's a load of shit. Hope he actually gets paid in Bellator, I think he can take Alvarez but Chandler would be a tough fight, but when Nate looks his best he looks pretty good and is capable of beating those guys imo.
    I do agree however Dana is sort of right, Nate really isn't in position to ask for more money right now especially since he got knocked out in an upset loss just in the fight before his last.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

It's about time.

That is exactly the mentality you should have. Nate is coming off a great win but at the same time the 2 fights before that, he got his ass kicked. He needs to put together a couple of wins and then start bitching about pay. Finish your contract out, and let the promotions bid over you, ala his teammate Gilbert. Gilbert played his cards perfectly.

$15K to show & $15K to win aint bad IMO, plus with the potential to make an extra $60k - $120K per fight. He wins bonuses all of the time because his fights are entertaining and he is a finisher.

It's about time.

Thing is no one was holding a gun to Nate's head when he signed that contract... Whining about a contract that you willingly signed is a joke got no one to blame but yourself and your manager if you don;t like the way you are being paid.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    That is exactly the mentality you should have. Nate is coming off a great win but at the same time the 2 fights before that, he got his ass kicked. He needs to put together a couple of wins and then start bitching about pay. Finish your contract out, and let the promotions bid over you, ala his teammate Gilbert. Gilbert played his cards perfectly.

$15K to show & $15K to win aint bad IMO, plus with the potential to make an extra $60k - $120K per fight. He wins bonuses all of the time because his fights are entertaining and he is a finisher.
    Bullshit.

These guys put their bodies on the line every fight. I'm on a hospital computer that is slow as shit now so I'm not gonna look it up, but what does Nate have, 19 UFC fights? Either way he has a lot of fights against high level competition. Nate may be young but we all know that fight years can add up quick. Sometimes guys' careers start going downhill pretty rapidly once they have put so many fights in against tough fighters. He deserves to be compensated now. He may have agreed to the contract he has now but he was originally offered Khabib. In the positions they were in, I think Nate would absolutely deserve to get a raise for that fight. If you have only a handful of fights then that's one thing and you should really have to prove yourself. But when you've been in as many fights as Nate has against good and top fighters...come the fuck on man. He's put in the time and any good legit company will reward you for putting in the time and hard work that Nate has. Plus, him and his brother's fighting of style is taxing, and it's the kind of fights that fans want to see. Sure Frankie Edgar has had a more successful career up to this point but nobody wants to watch Frankie Edgar run around and pointfight for 5 rounds and win a split decision, we all saw how his PPV numbers did lol.

I'm not sure when Nate signed his new contract, I don't know if it was before he won all 3 of those fights in a row (when he was on his winning streak), or if it was right after that. It wasn't a very good job by him and his manager either way, but make no mistake about it...even when you consider those things, he's getting paid like shit. Dana, Lorenzo, anybody with a brain knows Nate will get paid better in Bellator. Is Dana gonna pull a Bjorn exercise the contractual rights that Nate agreed to and hold him around when Nate would make more in Bellator? Since Bjorn is "dirty rotten scumbag" for fighting so hard to keep Eddie around when he wanted to leave. Guess we will see where this goes, either way there's no point in Nate sticking around if he's gonna continue to get paid like this.

Such a low level of standards. Even in the Thompson fight, Thompson is an older fight and every fight matters a ton for him so beating someone in that position when they are a very skilled fighter is pretty hard. At least half of people thought Thompson just beat Bendo. He's not even making 6 figures to show anymore over the course of his contract like all TUF guys get "guaranteed" when they win! What the hell have these last 6-7 years of his career even been for? Lol such a joke. It's kind of hard to fathom really. I mean, Cerrone and Jim Miller can beat guys that aren't that impressive and get nice raises but here Nate is fighting the best in the world and losing sometimes and all of a sudden he's not good enough lol come on mannnnnnnn. Beat Cerrone's ass, beat Miller's ass, beat Grey's ass, and has only been finished once in the UFC and almost every fight is entertaining. Again, he agreed to the contract, and it would be a courteous move to grant him a new one when he's contractually obligated to that contract but I think it's some courtesty that he deserves.

I know 99% of this board hates the Diaz bros and loves to jerk off to all of the negativity that is always filled in their threads...but maybe try and look past the hate a little bit?
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-27-2014 at 02:36 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    15 + 15 is garbage for a top 5 fighter. Rory MacDonald is getting 50 + 50, and he's been solidly ranked for less than a year. That should be a good benchmark for someone who has been fighting as long as Nate has and has been ranked as long as Nate has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Thing is no one was holding a gun to Nate's head when he signed that contract... Whining about a contract that you willingly signed is a joke got no one to blame but yourself and your manager if you don;t like the way you are being paid.
    I disagree, potentially. Yes, he signed the contract, and deserves to share the blame with his management, but we don't know what he's been promised in terms of the "back room bonuses" that often come up whenever anyone disagrees with fighters disclosed pay.

Yes, it's a business. I get that. But I'd also bet that anyone who thinks the UFC's contracts and the UFC's business practices are equitable has never worked for a promotion like that. Stating that he shouldn't be "whining" or complaining is pretty short sighted. If I'd worked my ass off for a promotion and they were offering me risk/reward scenarios like Nate is getting, while simultaneously promoting guys with weaker records and less experience more than me, I'd feel entitled to complain.

I don't think the format in which he's expressing his concern is going to do him any favors, but if Nate wants to be ineffective and self-destruct, I can't disagree that he's got the right to do so.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

he just signed this contract prior to the henderson title fight i believe

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    he just signed this contract prior to the henderson title fight i believe
    He was making $50k+$50k for the Bendo fight, and then went to $15k+$15k after, so I presume that he signed the new contract after the Bendo fight. Unless he is making money off the buyrates (which he most likely is not), his manager should be kicked in the nuts.

9. Default

UGH......

You do know Nate has the contract he has because of his manager...right?

Kogan on Nate Diaz's pay cut: 'Cause I suck as a manager lol'
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/2...inale-mma-news

Against Bendo he got 50/50, and took the pay cut when he fought Thompson which he got 15/15. Research man.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    UGH......

You do know Nate has the contract he has because of his manager...right?

Kogan on Nate Diaz's pay cut: 'Cause I suck as a manager lol'
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/2...inale-mma-news

Against Bendo he got 50/50, and took the pay cut when he fought Thompson which he got 15/15. Research man.
    Learn to read dipshit. I have a shit connection which is a good excuse for not doing research right this second but what's yours gonna be ? I clearly stated that his manager and him are at fault for agreeing to the contract but that he still deserves a new one for a khabib fight. The guy has no name yet and is very talented.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-27-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Thread Information