Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Nate Diaz Asks for UFC Release via Twitter

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fantasy Jewish Oklahoma
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    UFC is going downhill. They just need a good legit organization to take them on and put them away for good. I have really lost my love for mma thanks to UFC and these other shady organizations.
    I don't think UFC should be put away for good. I do agree that it'd be nice to see another organization build up to compete with them and create a better market for fighters. And it would hopefully make for exciting cards for fight fans. Maybe the market is ok right now, but it could be better.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    5,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Why?
    So that they actually make good money off of their PPV's.

    I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    So that they actually make good money off of their PPV's.
    I think there are plenty of fighters that act professionally that sell a whole lot more ppvs than the Diaz bros. UFC will do just fine without them.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    UFC is going downhill. They just need a good legit organization to take them on and put them away for good. I have really lost my love for mma thanks to UFC and these other shady organizations.

    I used to defend Dana, but he's everything everyone said he was and more. He's a Kardashian, an octomom, a fake celeb that loves for everyone to kiss his little weak bitch ass, knowing he was a f/n joke until he got his great life handed to him by the Fart bros.
    I completely agree with your second statement but as for the first, I will always love MMA noshady business bulllshit can change that. An awesome back and forth war, An awesome KO a perfectly place submission is always goign to be exciting to me and the UFC can't change that.

    Has the overall experience declined as a result of all the bullshit? Yes but just because I'm getting fed up with the UFC as an org I'm still going to be a huge fan of the sport.

    When Weidman beat Silva the first time I was so fucking excited. It was like incomparable to anything from any other sport. It reminded me how fucking awesome it is to be a fan of this "barbaric human cock fighting".
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    5,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I think there are plenty of fighters that act professionally that sell a whole lot more ppvs than the Diaz bros. UFC will do just fine without them.
    Yup, with Edgar not being one of them...and why do "Just fine" when you can do better?

    Be a whinebag all you want but I'll look past the little things and enjoy their highly entertaining fight styles.

    I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Yup, with Edgar not being one of them...and why do "Just fine" when you can do better?
    I personally fine Edgar's fights entertaining the guy is really skilled he may not finish a lot of fights, but that's besides the point to me. Not sure why you feel the need to single Edgar out (there are better choices) but if it's because he makes more then Nate that has a lot to do with being a champion.

    UFC does more then fine without a Diaz on the card... besides it's not like Nate is known as a PPV seller and Nick had one big PPV which had a whole lot more to GSP being there and promoting it.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I personally fine Edgar's fights entertaining the guy is really skilled he may not finish a lot of fights, but that's besides the point to me. Not sure why you feel the need to single Edgar out (there are better choices) but if it's because he makes more then Nate that has a lot to do with being a champion.

    UFC does more then fine without a Diaz on the card... besides it's not like Nate is known as a PPV seller and Nick had one big PPV which had a whole lot more to GSP being there and promoting it.
    Nick is a pretty decent sell, over a million buys for the gsp and 400k for Condit for an interim belt fight thats pretty good in my opinion. Nate is not a draw at all though.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Nick is a pretty decent sell, over a million buys for the gsp and 400k for Condit for an interim belt fight thats pretty good in my opinion. Nate is not a draw at all though.
    Take out GSP and all the hype he did surrounding that fight though and the numbers drop drastically... not like Nick really did anything to sell that fight other then show up.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Take out GSP and all the hype he did surrounding that fight though and the numbers drop drastically... not like Nick really did anything to sell that fight other then show up.
    Well obviously but that was a high buy rate even for GSP also 400k for a fight with Condit is impressive there have only been lik 4 or 5 fights that eclipsed that total in the past year all of which were title fights.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Not sure why you feel the need to single Edgar out (there are better choices) but if it's because he makes more then Nate that has a lot to do with being a champion.
    He's trying to make things personal with me because I think Diaz isn't worth keeping around and I'm obviously a Frankie Edgar fan. I must have hurt his feelings.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •