Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Athletic Commission officially bans TRT

Hybrid View

Default Nevada Athletic Commission officially bans TRT

http://www.fightline.com/nevada-athl...on-to-ban-trt/

The Nevada Athletic Commission passed a motion to ban therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone replacement therapy during a meeting Thursday.

Skip Avansino, commission of the NAC, made the motion to ban TRT, which was supported by Pat Lundvall. The NAC regulates all contests and exhibitions of unarmed combat within the state of Nevada, including licensure and supervision of promoters, boxers, kickboxers, MMA fighters, seconds, ring officials, managers and matchmakers.

The commission voted unanimously to approve of the ban, and those that have previously received exemptions will see them expire.

Lundvall, also stated that the NAC should push other states to follow suit in order to avoid states becoming magnets for those who want to use fighters with exemptions.

No wonder Sonnen and Wandy's fight got moved to Brazil

Default Nevada Athletic Commission bans TRT

Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

That's pretty big news!

and UFC 173 (Weidman vs. Belfort) is in Vegas. No exemption for Vitor. If his body is softer this time around, it's highly suggestive that he was abusing and getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    That's pretty big news!

and UFC 173 (Weidman vs. Belfort) is in Vegas. No exemption for Vitor. If his body is softer this time around, it's highly suggestive that he was abusing and getting away with it.
    Is May far enough away, though? I don't know how long a person would have to be off TRT for there to be a marked difference.

That's pretty big news!

It would not suggest that he was abusing TRT if his body is softer. It would merely suggest that his levels are now below the average 36 year olds level. That alone will make him softer, and is the alleged reason he receives a TRT exemption. However, given the muscle mass he used to carry, I would not be surprised if he abused steroids in the earlier days of his career as this could lead to his current testosterone deficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Is May far enough away, though? I don't know how long a person would have to be off TRT for there to be a marked difference.
    It would make a marked difference in a matter of weeks let alone months. At the age of 28 I was diagnosed with the testosterone levels of an 81 year old. I never took steroids or did anything to significantly abuse my body, but I was diagnosed with it because for unknown reasons my pituitary gland quit regulating the hormone properly. I tried to go off of TRT for a short period and within 1 month I got very sick and had to go back on TRT. If Vitor's testosterone levels are truly shot, and I suspect they are, this will likely have a considerably negative impact on his fight. The lack of TRT will most likely make him sick.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    It would not suggest that he was abusing TRT if his body is softer. It would merely suggest that his levels are now below the average 36 year olds level. That alone will make him softer, and is the alleged reason he receives a TRT exemption. However, given the muscle mass he used to carry, I would not be surprised if he abused steroids in the earlier days of his career as this could lead to his current testosterone deficiency.

It would make a marked difference in a matter of weeks let alone months. At the age of 28 I was diagnosed with the testosterone levels of an 81 year old. I never took steroids or did anything to significantly abuse my body, but I was diagnosed with it because for unknown reasons my pituitary gland quit regulating the hormone properly. I tried to go off of TRT for a short period and within 1 month I got very sick and had to go back on TRT. If Vitor's testosterone levels are truly shot, and I suspect they are, this will likely have a considerably negative impact on his fight. The lack of TRT will most likely make him sick.
    what makes you believe they are truly shot and he is not just abusing the system?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

8. Default

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I also love how MMAfighting.com and mmamania.com has Vitor's picture behind the TRT ban headline. I guess he is now the posterboy of TRT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 12.41.10 PM.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 12.43.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	674

I also love how MMAfighting.com and mmamania.com has Vitor's picture behind the TRT ban headline. I guess he is now the posterboy of TRT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 12.41.10 PM.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 12.43.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	674
    Bleacher and Junkie did the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.