Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Athletic Commission officially bans TRT

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
    Wandy is fighting in Brazil, so Sonnen will still be on TRT.
    The UFC has banned TRT promotion wide.

The UFC issued a press release on Thursday's news:

"The Ultimate Fighting Championship fully supports the decision made today by the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding the immediate termination of therapeutic use exemptions (TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)," White stated in the release. "We believe our athletes should compete based on their natural abilities and on an even playing field. We also intend to honor this ruling in international markets where, due to a lack of governing bodies, the UFC oversees regulatory efforts for our live events. We encourage all athletic commissions to adopt this ruling."
    Dana White says UFC will no longer allow TRT, 'couldn't wait for that garbage to go away'

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/27...r-that-garbage
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

LOL anyone see Bisping say he could argue that he has only 1 loss in the Octagon!?!?1 hahahahahahahahahahaah

oh and BREAKING NEWS: Vitor Belfort already showing signs of being off TRT

Im just glad its over and done with, if a couple guys already scheduled to fight get one more pass so be it, progress was made today and thats good enough. As a fan I'm thankful to ESPN and the NSAC and also the UFC for doing what they always said they would do. GSP you can come home now.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    . As a fan I'm thankful to ESPN and the NSAC and also the UFC for doing what they always said they would do.
    UFC?? If the UFC wanted it out they could have simply made a rule that said "If you use TRT, you dont fight here" But they didnt. They played the "We're regulated by the fucking government. THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT!!" and that becasue the AC's "let them use it" it was "okay in their book" aka these said fighters make us money so we will turn a blind eye - while at the same time "claiming" how bad TRT is.

Now the UFC follows suit because the AC says so. They would look dumb if they kept letting guys use it in areas that they conduct the tests.

They've always tried to respect the precedent set by the NSAC and they followed through right after them. What more did you want that was realistic? The athletic commissions are the governing bodies and the promotions follow their lead.

They've always tried to respect the precedent set by the NSAC and they followed through right after them. What more did you want that was realistic? The athletic commissions are the governing bodies and the promotions follow their lead.
    To just say "if you use TRT you dont fight here." Thats not asking to much is it?

I don't think it would have been realistic. It would have been in direct conflict with the NSAC(the established precedent setter), there is a need for uniformity in MMA that would have been jeopardized. Outside the US the UFC specifically tried to mimic the NSAC to help with uniformity but otherwise they knew their place in the hierarchy in terms of regulation.

I don't think it would have been realistic. It would have been in direct conflict with the NSAC(the established precedent setter), there is a need for uniformity in MMA that would have been jeopardized. Outside the US the UFC specifically tried to mimic the NSAC to help with uniformity but otherwise they knew their place in the hierarchy in terms of regulation.
    What the UFC could have done was not talk out of both sides of their mouth. Dana White's BS about, "I'm glad that TRT garbage is banned," is in direct contrast to Zuffa steering multiple fighters (Rampage, Mir, Big Country) to quack doctors for a quick TRT fix not too long ago.

You make a good point about NSAC being the precedent setter, but UFC could have set a precedent for fighter safety a long time ago. . . what sensible person is going to argue with that?? If you 'need' TRT because 'head-trauma has reduced your hormone levels' it would be in the best interest of fighter safety to not contract that individual to fight for your promotion. But that falls in conflict with business interests. . . Just like bad mainstream publicity on legalized cheating (i.e. ESPN Outside The Lines features on the disturbing prevalence of TUEs in MMA).
    Last edited by trustkill; 02-27-2014 at 07:54 PM.

I think this might be my first post or one of the very first ones and I'm only doing it to point out something that I think a few people have missed in comparing those photo's of Vitor. If I'm not mistaken, the one from 103 is Vitor at a catch weight right? so he's walking around with 10lbs of water weight that he wouldn't have at 185. I could be entirely wrong in this regard and if I am I do apologize, but just seems like that could be why he's more cut in one photo over the other. As for the main issue of whether he's abusing the TRT, I don't know if he is and my opinion is that if he hasn't been caught for it, then most likely he's not.

A "UFC doctor" isn't necessarily a thing. I believe the UFC has enough integrity to not tell a doctor how to do their jobs or how not to do their jobs. Its entirely possible that doctors with a working knowledge or interest in mma felt that while TRT was still legal it was a good way to treat their patients because TRT does work. Doctors have their own ethics to be concerned with.
    I don't think there is a fighter that doesn't have head trauma its unavoidable.

Thread Information