+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Athletic Commission officially bans TRT

I wonder how this will effect Shogun/Hendo II and how exactly Hendo will look and if it has any noticeable difference.

I'd be interested to hear what happens for guys who have gotten exemptions in the past such as Marquardt, Mir and Rothwell in particular, given how much physically different Rothwell looked over his past few fights re-physical transformation.

I'll also be interested to see if Todd Duffee ever fights again, given all of the issues with the Parsonage-Turner syndrome PLUS his TRT issues.

I also think about Randy Couture and wonder exactly how much heat he'd have gotten regarding this issue had he been fighting during this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I also think about Randy Couture and wonder exactly how much heat he'd have gotten regarding this issue had he been fighting during this era.
    To our knowledge he didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by killakem1 View Post
    Thought the ufc is banding it as a company? If so how is the Brazil commission going to allow hendo a pass? Will the ufc keep to their word or not
    The UFC will only "ban" it, when they are in a place that doesn't have an active athletic commission. Otherwise they are going to follow the rules of the local commission. Brazil does have an athletic commission, so the UFC isn't specifically banning it. But... things get kind of complicated when it goes for Brazil specifically. The last I heard they didn't have a legit company to oversee drug testing, because the lab they were using was discredited by WADA. Haven't read anything about it after that.

I do however see the possibility of the UFC ignoring the other commissions, and banning it regardless. Certainly they are going to get shit at every press conference for a card with a known (former ?) TRT user. It might be a year from now, but I really do see them doing it eventually. Simply to save face in the PR department, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The UFC will only "ban" it, when they are in a place that doesn't have an active athletic commission. Otherwise they are going to follow the rules of the local commission. Brazil does have an athletic commission, so the UFC isn't specifically banning it. But... things get kind of complicated when it goes for Brazil specifically. The last I heard they didn't have a legit company to oversee drug testing, because the lab they were using was discredited by WADA. Haven't read anything about it after that.

I do however see the possibility of the UFC ignoring the other commissions, and banning it regardless. Certainly they are going to get shit at every press conference for a card with a known (former ?) TRT user. It might be a year from now, but I really do see them doing it eventually. Simply to save face in the PR department, of course.
    Owe you rep for clarifying that up for me. Gotta spread it around first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I wonder how this will effect Shogun/Hendo II and how exactly Hendo will look and if it has any noticeable difference.

I'd be interested to hear what happens for guys who have gotten exemptions in the past such as Marquardt, Mir and Rothwell in particular, given how much physically different Rothwell looked over his past few fights re-physical transformation.
    Hendo has actually been granted an exemption in Brazil, and will be the last given there.

For Marquardt, he claims to be off of TRT since before the Tyron Woodley fight. And that he found a way to raise his testosterone level naturally with certain foods or some shit. Of course he also went on to lose his 3 fights after that fight.

I trust fuck all that the UFC does or that their bend over buddies at the NSAC do...people will continue to cheat and cycle off. The real issue has ALWAYS been unbelievably piss poor (no pun intended) testing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    I trust fuck all that the UFC does or that their bend over buddies at the NSAC do...people will continue to cheat and cycle off. The real issue has ALWAYS been unbelievably piss poor (no pun intended) testing.
    Yup.

This ban will have little effect on the cheaters who use non-publicly. The cheaters who do not apply for a TUE publicly are the ones that are getting away with it moreso than, for example, Hendo or Vitor.

Kid! long time no see!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Yup.

This ban will have little effect on the cheaters who use non-publicly. The cheaters who do not apply for a TUE publicly are the ones that are getting away with it moreso than, for example, Hendo or Vitor.
    That is a very valid point.

I was under the impression that when a fighter does TRT, and does it as legitimately as possible, that their testosterone to epitestosterone ratio never goes above the average person, or at least stays very close to it. At this point what is there to stop a fighter, who has a doctor that's willing to stay quiet, from doing TRT, keeping their levels legit, and simply not informing the commission? Seems like the only ways they'd get caught would be if they got tested within 48 hours or so after a treatment, or if they screwed up because of stupidity (like Bigfoot Silva did).

I thought you didn't love us anymore. Long time no see Kid-O
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information