Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Nevada Athletic Commission officially bans TRT

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    That is a very valid point.

I was under the impression that when a fighter does TRT, and does it as legitimately as possible, that their testosterone to epitestosterone ratio never goes above the average person, or at least stays very close to it. At this point what is there to stop a fighter, who has a doctor that's willing to stay quiet, from doing TRT, keeping their levels legit, and simply not informing the commission? Seems like the only ways they'd get caught would be if they got tested within 48 hours or so after a treatment, or if they screwed up because of stupidity (like Bigfoot Silva did).
    A fighter who uses TRT to obtain normal levels rather than reach supraphysiological levels would not, in fact, get caught unless they were to be tested for exogenous testosterone outside of competition. Fighters could use even before their training camps to build tissue and increase twitch reflexes. Fighters who are not under the microscope due to suspicion or history will not be tested for exogenous testosterone while in training camps; they will only be tested the very same day, before and after the fight.

All the banning of TUE by the commission will do is increase covert usage, which will not be caught without sufficient random testing on every athlete. This level of testing has been deemed a fiscal impossibility by the commissions to date. Although, it really is only an impossibility due to there not being a crisis to prompt the very possible logistics.

Haha it's nice feeling being missed. Hey you gaaayz! I never loved you from the get-go soooo nothing's changed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Haha it's nice feeling being missed. Hey you gaaayz! I never loved you from the get-go soooo nothing's changed!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Three Cheers for Clean and "All Natural" Athletes!!!
    Last edited by joeodd2; 03-02-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I heard Dave Meltzer saying something today about Vitor's sealed pop quiz drug test that Kizer had him take prior to his exit with the NSAC and the possibility of that being more of a factor in Vitor being pulled from this Weidman than necessarily the TRT stuff, because Vitor wouldn't be able to get licensed in Nevada without that test coming out in the open.

Is this new news to anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I heard Dave Meltzer saying something today about Vitor's sealed pop quiz drug test that Kizer had him take prior to his exit with the NSAC and the possibility of that being more of a factor in Vitor being pulled from this Weidman than necessarily the TRT stuff, because Vitor wouldn't be able to get licensed in Nevada without that test coming out in the open.

Is this new news to anybody?

I've heard those rumors too, but because he didn't apply for a licence we'll never know the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I've heard those rumors as well on twitter...and the fact that Vitor contradicted himself in those 2 recent interviews is kinda weird...but, who knows.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Thread Information