Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: UFC Special Announcement at 1:15 am EST on FS1

To many fighters abused TRT, it's not hard to find a doctor to prescribe it, I never thought someone close to 40 should be fighting like they were in there 20's. Glad this happened and the UFC didnt want to risk Vitor in a title fight so they made the smart choice and put in the Dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    To many fighters abused TRT, it's not hard to find a doctor to prescribe it, I never thought someone close to 40 should be fighting like they were in there 20's. Glad this happened and the UFC didnt want to risk Vitor in a title fight so they made the smart choice and put in the Dragon.
    Name the fighters who "abused" TRT? Chael Sonnen is the only one that comes to mind, The world beater that he is and all....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

White: I never f@$%ing flip flopped on TRT

At the UFN 37 pre fight media scrum, White took exception to the assertion.

"ESPN, as usual, you know, they like to embellish s---," said White. "First of all, we have 500 guys under contract. Now that this new thing has come in and TRT is banned, five guys can't take TRT, out of 500. Five guys had exemptions. They made it sound like it's rampant throughout the MMA world, you know? If five guys is rampant… what? WHAT? Say it.

"Here's the other thing ESPN said in their story: 'When Dana White has talked about this in the past, he's flip-flopPED.' I have never f---ing flip-flopped, never did I flip flop. I said right off the bat - I don't like it, we shouldn't use it. I get it, it's science. I even said it was a loophole in the system.

"What happens is you have science out there, they create this thing, where men, as they get older, get lower testosterone, and they can build your testosterone back up. Of course, you're always going to have f---ing guys who are like 'if this much brings me back to normal, where does THIS MUCH take me?' Right? That's always going to happen if you have a loop hole like that in the system."

"I've been the guy who has been vocal about it, and said it should go away, it should go away, it should go away. And if you don't think that had a huge impact on why it went away, you're crazy."

"The whole ESPN, that thing was such a sham. That story was such a sham, and of course, they ran the s--- out of it because it's negative, half of it wasn't true, or was just embellished. It's rampant throughout MMA. 500 guys in MMA and five guys can't have exemptions now. That's rampant?"

White was then asked what is going to happen with Vitor Belfort, who dropped out of his long sought title shot, and plans to wean off TRT.

"Who knows what's going to happen. And at the end of the day, I don't give a s---. I don't care. If you need that stuff to perform and compete, you probably shouldn't perform and compete any more."

"Have I flip flopped ever on my stance over this? It goes away - I don't give a shit, not my problem. And that Vitor thing - that battle's not my battle, that's Vitor's battle."
    "Sure, sure, he's still in line (for a title shot). That doesn't take him out at all. The fights he's won, he's won.

"And I can tell you this. Vitor Belfort, every time he was tested by us, he was within his levels. He was where he was supposed to be. And I also told you guys we were going to test the s--- out of him, and we did. And he was always within his levels.

"I don't like cheating, whether it is with drugs. I don't like fighters getting ripped off my referees. I don't like fighters getting ripped off by judges. I don't like any of that. I like a fair playing field.

"That's why I have been screaming and yelling about athletic commissions getting the right refs. And, I could care less if TRT goes away."

"You guys have heard me rip Nevada many, many times. Nevada has done a fantastic job. Cisco is really doing a great job over there right now, along with the other commissioners. I couldn't be happier with the commission right now. I think they're doing a great job."
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...lopped-on-TRT/

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    White: I never f@$%ing flip flopped on TRT

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...lopped-on-TRT/
    He is right. He never supported TRT but it wasn't illegal so he couldn't do anything about it. The UFC would be hard pressed to ban a legit medical disorder with doctor prescription that the commission said is ok.

Mind you, these guys are more than likely using shady doctors and either don't have the medical condition or only need it because they did steroids. But still without the commissions banning it, the UFC really couldn't either.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Georges St. Pierre: 'TRT is a joke and should have been banned a long time ago'
    St. Pierre tells Sports Day DFW should have been done a long time ago.

"It should have been done a long time ago. There's not another sports that accepts it. It's a joke. For our sport, I don't want to accuse individuals. Never once have I accused a person. I don't want to accuse the organization. The problem is the system. One of the reasons why I stopped (fighting) is I see a lot of (expletive) going on and I got tired of it. I tried to make things change and it didn't work. The guideline should be random testing, especially when you fight for a title. The guy that finished first in cycling, would have finished 40th 10 years ago. That's how much drugs help now. You lose a race in cycling, you lose your ego, you lose something financially. But if you lose a fight, not only do you lose financially and your ego, it can affect your well-being, you have cerebral damage and be really messed up. If the UFC does something, the other organizations will follow."

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    He is right. He never supported TRT but it wasn't illegal so he couldn't do anything about it. The UFC would be hard pressed to ban a legit medical disorder with doctor prescription that the commission said is ok.
    Hold on there cowboy. This is what they're referring to when they say he flip-flopped:
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/6/...ement-legality

UFC President Dana White Says TRT Is 'Great' One Month After Calling It 'Junk' Needed Due To Prior Abuse

Fox Sports 'MMA Intensity' caught up with UFC President Dana White to talk about the number of fighter injuries and testosterone replacement.

On Testosterone Replacement Therapy:

Here's the thing about TRT. It's absolutely 100% legal. As sports medicine continues to advance, this is one of those things where every guy's testosterone level starts to drop as they get older and this is basically sports science now where they can bring it back up to a normal level. And I think it's great, it's absolutely fair, it's legal. The problem is, there are guys who say if this much is good THIS MUCh must be great, so you have guys who are always trying to do more than they're supposed to do. The big job is policing it, making sure that it's not being abused, that guys are using it the way it's supposed to be used.
    I think that the "it's legal" argument misses the larger problem that people have with TRT. It's not the legality, it's exactly what Dana says. As you get older, your levels drop. TRT allows you to change that "natural" process, so people who want natural competition see issues with something purely unnatural. Of course it is legal, it's that many people don't think it should be.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy also isn't really supposed to be "sports science." It's a therapy for men (not "just athletes") who have legitimate, unnatural testosterone deficiencies. Something that experts say affect an incredibly low percentage of the population but seems to affect a good chunk of the UFC roster. So the anti-TRT camp sees a fight against natural body processes and seems to be needed a little too much by the hyper-athletes of the UFC.

We're also only a month removed from Dana saying:

...to me, the bottom line is you don't need that junk. If you don't abuse stuff younger in your career, you'll never need to use that junk."
    He then said that if it were up to him he'd make TRT illegal if it were up to him.

So, which is it? Is it "great" or is it "junk" that would be illegal in a perfect world?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Hold on there cowboy. This is what they're referring to when they say he flip-flopped:
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/6/...ement-legality
    Ironically that is what I thought but when I went to find a link I couldn't find anything except him bashing it so I thought I was wrong haha.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Name the fighters who "abused" TRT? Chael Sonnen is the only one that comes to mind, The world beater that he is and all....
    Are we talking the ones who had approval ?

Cause plenty have abused... and by abuse you can abuse it and still not actually fail a test. It's not hard to lower your testosterone levels by doing things like not sleeping and drinking alcohol etc..

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Chael Sonnen.... Nate Mardquart, Bigfoot Silva

Dana White still does think TRT is great in his private thoughts because it keeps his products (fighters) off the shelf longer as well as extending the length of their brand. TRT makes the UFC more money and in turn Dana White.

What Dana says in public depends on what will help make the UFC the most money. Be it lying about who the best P4P fighter is to about judging decisions to TRT to anything. Dana attempts to appeal to public sentiment and occasionally his real thoughts come out. What you see from Dana White in the public eye is akin to what you see of Chael Sonnen's character he plays: a facade.

Thread Information