Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Special Announcement at 1:15 am EST on FS1

I honestly think some things were about to come out about trt. This has all happened way too fast. As for vitor. I don't care for him. At all. Never have. I think there has always been something shady with that guy. That's my opinion. He won a heavyweight tourney looking like a jacked monster at, what, 19? Now at almost forty he fights at middleweight. I find these things odd. With his recent success he was definitely the posterboy for trt.

Now to the juicy stuff.

Bones: jokes about a genocidal maniac are not cool. A single hitler comparison would have been one thing but for crying out loud you just couldn't stop. As far as the killing yourself comment goes have some class man.

I don't neg but those comments and your persistence with them were neg worthy.

Sak: just know when to let it go buddy.

If you ever get the chance, hit the Checkpoint Charlie museum in Berlin...part of it is dedicated to the Holocaust. I've been to Auschwitz as well. They aren't fun, tourist-y highlights, but it was a transforming experience.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Well enough of that shit, back to the topic at hand:

Dan Henderson on Nevada banning TRT: 'They took the easy way out'
    "Are they going to ban insulin for diabetics and other prescribed medications that get people into normal ranges?" Henderson said to MMAFighting.com. "Seems like they could have easily implemented random drug testing."

Random drug testing costs money and one of the reasons cited by the commission prior to their unanimous vote to ban TRT on Thursday was not having enough funds to constantly monitor TRT users.

Henderson confirmed he will be allowed to continue his TRT treatment leading up to his rematch against Shogun Rua next month in Brazil. He said he began using TRT around 2006 or 2007, "but not until I was told by the NSAC that it was fine to take as long as it was backed up with medical records." Nevada was the first state to grant Henderson a TUE for TRT in 2007, and it is believed that Henderson is the first MMA fighter to be granted one.

"I just think that they took the easy way out," he said. "Instead of trying to get rid of the bigger problem of PEDs, they banned the drugs they had already approved for athletes with chronically low testosterone levels.

"I would love for them to do better. Random, no advance notice drug testing."

Henderson stopped using TRT approximately two months prior to his UFC 161 fight against Rashad Evans because the Manitoba Combative Sports Commission did not grant any TUEs. Henderson lost the fight via split decision.

And while he may not be in agreement with the NAC's ruling, Henderson said he will not walk away from the sport because of it. After all, the 43-year-old recently signed a new six-fight contract with the UFC.

"I'll deal with the changes after [the Shogun fight]," he said.

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney happy for TRT ban, says too many fighters "misuse it"
    "I've had the same opinion on [TRT], and the same stance on it since the first time I asked the question," he said. "I just never felt that the controls were tight enough to be able to allow it to occur. When guys use it it's an unfair advantage. If you're going to equalize the playing field, the best way to equalize the playing field is to eliminate it in totality. I've never wavered on that...it is an unfair advantage when misused. Anybody who's in this sport recognizes that people misuse it."

When asked if any of his roster had asked for an exemption, he pondered it for a moment before saying not that he was aware of.

"I don't know that anybody has applied," he said. "There were some conversations about fighters getting grandfathered in, but I don't know that anybody applied. But the way it looks right now it doesn't matter if if applies. Which is the way it should be.

Jackson did not ask for a therapeutic use exemption for his light heavyweight semifinals fight with Christian M'Pumbu in Connecticut. While still fighting in the UFC, Bellator 110's headliner Quinton Jackson had taken TRT ahead of his fight with Ryan Bader at UFC 144. Jackson lost the fight and fell under scrutiny for his casual use of synthetic testosterone.

"It's unfortunate for guys who have a legitimate physical defect," Rebney said. "But they're on the side of doing it right for everybody, and the vast majority are going to be able fight clean now and not have to fight against somebody who isn't [on TRT]. So I think it's a good move."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I wonder how much foreknowledge the UFC had about this decision. The resigning of Hendo may not be worth it if he ends up not being competitive post TRT. I also curious how this will affect the psyche of some of the fighters. Going up against a guy you knew was using TRT likely affected their confidence and going into your first fight in years without TRT will likely have them not as sure in their abilities.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Hendo quit using 2 months prior to the Rashad fight then why couldn't vitor do the same?
    anyone know the time frame to get it out of your system?

What did Sakara do that he got banned and Bones didn't?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    What did Sakara do that he got banned and Bones didn't?
    What are you so worried about it for?

Quote Originally Posted by killakem1 View Post
    Hendo quit using 2 months prior to the Rashad fight then why couldn't vitor do the same?
    anyone know the time frame to get it out of your system?
    Belfort: MD says I need 90 days to adjust to no TRT
    Now Belfort took to Instagram and shared what was asserted to be a message from his doctor, along with a video of the fighter pummeling in a ring.

"Vitor Belfort's TRT have always been a medical decision aimed to health improvement. The same treatment strategy is available and widely prescribed to every patient who makes the decision to live better and healthier life through their natural ageing proccess. Any performance advantage results not from the use of medication, but from the athlete's unshaken discipline and absolute dedication to an extremely demanding training routine, impecable nutrition and resting. In the name of his passion for the sport and dedication to his fans, my patient made the decision to interrupt his health treatment. We are going to need 90 days to adapt Vitor's treatment and nutrition in order to support his extremely hard training routine – This is what makes Vitor one of the best fighters on UFC history and the most dedicated athlete I've ever had the honor to work with."

I want to know how victor.can continue fighting.now at all it was only like a.month ago he made a statement regarding his manager saying he wouldn't apply for a Tue in Vegas and he replied I have to I can't live without it.. Does any one else remeber this..

P.s sak and bones stop being whined little bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    What are you so worried about it for?
    Why are you so worried about why he's so worried about it?

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information