+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bellator 110 Discussion

A Sherdog journalist tweeted tonight that he spoke with Mike Mazzulli, head of the Mohegan Sun Athletic Commission:

Mohegan regulator Mike Mazzulli tells me likely no sanctions for Rampage/Mo scuffle b/c Bellator told him at weigh-ins it would happen
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...lator-planned/
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So it was actually proven to be staged?

I think this was worse than the TUF one, I can see how the TUF one was real this one there was no way in hell it was as obvious as the whole patrick cummings thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    They havent released it all yet but yes the preview was pretty close...

Lol yeathat looks pretty bad too. If it was real, ppl wouldn't have let them even get that close to begin with.

Lost a lot of respect for Bellator. Still a big fan of their fights and format, but MMA doesn't need this too bit pro wrestling/Boxing bullshit. Those two don't like each other for real, just do some buildup specials about it and let the fight promote itself naturally. I'm sure Dana White will be tweeting shit about this, as if he has any room to talk when it comes to post fight antics....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Lost a lot of respect for Bellator. Still a big fan of their fights and MMA doesn't need this too bit pro wrestling/Boxing bullshit. Those two don't like each other for real, just do some buildup specials about it and let the fight promote itself naturally. I'm sure Dana White will be tweeting shit about this, as if he has any room to talk when it comes to post fight antics....
    They actually squashed there differences awhile ago. There was a few videos of them talking shit/ laughing about the beef they had and Mo saying he wouldn't mind training with rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    They actually squashed there differences awhile ago. There was a few videos of them talking shit/ laughing about the beef they had and Mo saying he wouldn't mind training with rampage.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't take this stuff too seriously, I mean, it's all entertainment right?

Anyways, Rampage really looked out of shape, but it shows you the quality of fighters Bellator has when he can still smash people in less than a round.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with Mo, he should be able to smash people with his athletic ability and wrestling alone. Maybe his knee is bothering him, as someone else suggested. Like Rampage, he seems determined to not improve his overall MMA skills. It's a shame really, because I thought Mo had a lot of potential, one of the best wrestlers in the country at one time. But after wathcing the Newton fights and last night, I even think Rampage can take out MO now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    I don't take this stuff too seriously, I mean, it's all entertainment right?

Anyways, Rampage really looked out of shape, but it shows you the quality of fighters Bellator has when he can still smash people in less than a round.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with Mo, he should be able to smash people with his athletic ability and wrestling alone. Maybe his knee is bothering him, as someone else suggested. Like Rampage, he seems determined to not improve his overall MMA skills. It's a shame really, because I thought Mo had a lot of potential, one of the best wrestlers in the country at one time. But after wathcing the Newton fights and last night, I even think Rampage can take out MO now.
    I honestly think the staph infection from his knee surgery affected him way more than the actual knee injury did. It was bad enough that he considered giving up treatment on it. He hasn't looked the same since coming back from it either. Really tough break for an exciting fighter like Mo to have to go through that after a knee injury.

Not too bothered by the Rampage/Mo altercation, it's Rampage. He does this kind of stupid stuff. I just turn the TV off when he gets a microphone these days.

I think Rampage's opponent is a better fighter than what we saw. He slipped and paid the price. But he was also to hessitant and let Rampage get off first. To beat Rampage you have to punish him and make him move, use counter shots and make him freeze with feints. I think things worked out the way Bellator wanted, and now we have the second ppv fight in May. This one could generate some buys, now if they can steal nick diaz.....maybe they would have a catch weight fight with Alverez in the fall? That would be fucking awesome!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Guys, 99% of the drama stuff wee see in MMA is fake. Rampage and Mo do not hate eachother and all what we saw was fake. Btw don't forget that Rampage is a pro wrestler too now lol.

They need ratings, they need naive people to get so damn excited and buy their product. MMA feuds are fake, there have been very few of them that were actually real, but almost all of them are fake.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information