Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alvarez vs. Chandler 3 set for May 17 on pay-per-view

Hybrid View

Default Alvarez vs. Chandler 3 set for May 17 on pay-per-view

Alvarez vs. Chandler 3 set for May 17 on pay-per-view

The trilogy fight between Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler is set for May 17 on pay-per-view.

"When you put two of the greatest fighters on Earth in the cage together sometimes you get artistic majestry," Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said during the announcement during Friday's Bellator 110.

Alvarez reclaimed the Bellator lightweight title when he defeated Chandler via split decision at Bellator 106 this past November.

"I think me and my team created a blueprint, a way to figure out Mike Chandler. I think we'll leave up to his guys to make the adjustments," Alvarez said.

Bellator 106 was supposed to be on pay-per-view but after Tito Ortiz, who was scheduled to fight Rampage Jackson in the main event, suffered an injury the event was aired on Spike TV.

Chandler won the Bellator lightweight title in the first fight between the two rivals via a rear-naked choke in the fourth round of their Bellator 58 clash on Nov. 19, 2011.

The last fight left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm excited to do it again," Chandler said. "It's a chance of redemption for myself."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Rampage/Mo as a co-headliner?

I thought their 'confrontation' last night after Pages win looked a little scripted, to hype this ppv perhaps.

JUGGS GOT YAAAAAAAAA

If you haven't watched I'm the Juggernaut bitch, go now to the youtube. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post

I thought their 'confrontation' last night after Pages win looked a little scripted, to hype this ppv perhaps.
    It looks like this PPV will either be in Memphis or San Diego.. So either spot should work for Page vs Mo. I dont know if you caught the post fight presser but Mo and Rampage continued their 'beef'.. Reminded me a lot of the yapping Paqe and Rashad did on TUF. Anyways, Mo asked Bjorn to make sure the fight was not scheduled to happen in Canada cuz Rampage would not be allowed in Canada. Rampage laughed and said this was actually true. Bjorn clearly did not realize this by the puzzled look on his face. Mo asked for Cali and Page asked for Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post

I've been hearing that Bellator told the commission about it before hand. Uber-kayfabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I've been hearing that Bellator told the commission about it before hand. Uber-kayfabe.
    I think it was fake / planned hype.

But with that said, Big Jon jumps in to split them up and looks serious, you would think a ref (like Big Jon) would avoid getting dragged into fake beefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I think it was fake / planned hype.

But with that said, Big Jon jumps in to split them up and looks serious, you would think a ref (like Big Jon) would avoid getting dragged into fake beefs.

Bellator Tourneys are now the equivalent of WWE money in the bank matches.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Mo never gets within a foot of Rampage, that was written by Vince Russo
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    Mo never gets within a foot of Rampage, that was written by Vince Russo
    If it were written by Vince Russo, there would never be any follow through on this angle, every fight would have an unnecessary gimmick added that had zero relevance between fighters from different weight classes, no foreigners or southerners would be booked on the cards because they're not "marketable enough" and there'd be a gratuitous use of "REALITY" and "CRASH TV" without any in-ring activity, just horrible backstage skits and BAD comedy.

I FUCKING LOATHE VINCE RUSSO. SERIOUSLY. FUCK VINCE RUSSO

If it were written by Vince Russo, there would never be any follow through on this angle, every fight would have an unnecessary gimmick added that had zero relevance between fighters from different weight classes, no foreigners or southerners would be booked on the cards because they're not "marketable enough" and there'd be a gratuitous use of "REALITY" and "CRASH TV" without any in-ring activity, just horrible backstage skits and BAD comedy.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in a return of the Judy Bagwell On A Pole match. Ends via disqualification when Tito Ortiz comes back and nails Rampage with a foreign object a minute and a half in.

When asked about the event, Russo was quoted as saying, "Fans are gonna clamor to see these two go at it again. Tito 'Rampage' Jackson vs. Muhammed "The Hammer" Hamill. The rematch, only on TN-uh Bellator."

Who the fuck is Vince Russo?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information