Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alvarez vs. Chandler 3 set for May 17 on pay-per-view

Pretty solid this time. As long as page stays healthy. Tito will always be a gamble but page should make it to this fight.

The Mo/Rampage fighters yesterday and the Rampages silliness is giving me total Elite XC vibes. Not a good look for Bellator.

Excited to see if Eddie can win this, doesn't his contract give him an out to the UFC if he beats Chandler twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    If it were written by Vince Russo, there would never be any follow through on this angle, every fight would have an unnecessary gimmick added that had zero relevance between fighters from different weight classes, no foreigners or southerners would be booked on the cards because they're not "marketable enough" and there'd be a gratuitous use of "REALITY" and "CRASH TV" without any in-ring activity, just horrible backstage skits and BAD comedy.

I FUCKING LOATHE VINCE RUSSO. SERIOUSLY. FUCK VINCE RUSSO
    Who the fuck is Vince Russo?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Who the fuck is Vince Russo?
    Behind the scenes wrestling guy that worked in the creative departments for the WWE, TNA and WCW at different points. Also did some on camera work as well.

Why can't Chandler and Eddie just go to the ufc already? Lol

Those two alone have more talent then the rest of Bellator's roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Behind the scenes wrestling guy that worked in the creative departments for the WWE, TNA and WCW at different points. Also did some on camera work as well.
    Is he the guy that invented the finger poke of doom?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Is he the guy that invented the finger poke of doom?
    No that was Kevin Nash, although half the time, Nash claims it was a "committee decision" and he wasn't even booking, but then the other half of the time he says it was a "long-term plan" to get major heat on the nWo against Bill Goldberg, who fucked the angle up by breaking his hand. This is an outright lie. In reality, it was a political power play to neuter Bill Goldberg and just fuck about.

Now, Vince Russo was nothing more than a wrestling mark when he got hired on to write kayfabe pieces for the WWF Magazine in the mid-90s. He weaselled his way into Vince's booking meetings by pushing ideas akin to ECW and Vince was desperate for something to change the product since they were crippled by the federal trial and Turner's WCW spending spree, that he listened-TO A DEGREE. That's a major factor in the Vince Russo saga, because he went through McMahon's filter and the rule was, for every one GOOD Russo idea, there were a hundred HORRIBLE ones. And even for the good ideas, Vince would tweak and alter what actually saw the air. So here's Russo claiming credit for Austin 3:16 etc, when in reality, he simply was pushing for a more crass and vulgar overall product with nudity and language.

Consider for a moment that Vince Russo was such a fucking mark that on the WWF LiveWire radio show, where he was a co-host, he smugly predicted who'd win the 1997 Royal Rumble, stating that his pick was Bret Hart. Thing is, Russo KNEW Bret was going to win since he was on creative and by stupidly trying to boost his cred with the smarks who listened and inflate his own ego, he went against a major WWF policy and McMahon CHANGED THE FINISH so Bret wouldn't win, because back then, they wanted to maintain some level of kayfabe or at the very least, an element of surprise. The number of examples of Russo's markdom are too many to list, but it's silly.

Now, the problem with Russo was that his impact became really negligible in WWF because he knew nothing about actual long-term wrestling booking and just booked raunch and tastelessness. Everything was a hotshot and everything needed to be edgy and Springer-esque and logic and continuity didn't matter- that's how you kill a territory/promoton, you need fans to have a reason to come back every week and you need to think far in advance, Russo didn't care and the result would be incoherent dribble. So when WCW started hemorrhaging money(thanks to Bischoff, Hogan and Nash etc) and was losing to WWF (when by all accounts, WWF should've gone bankrupt due to the trial costs and financial restraints that WCW simply didn't have)and looked for a new head of creative, so they brought in Vince Russo and his associate, Ed Ferrara, under the auspices that RUSSO was responsible for Austin, Rock and DX and was the major source for the WWF's turn around. WCW paid Russo a shitload of money and without the filter, he booked a horrendous product that was incomprehensibly bad, they lost something like 60 million in a year under his control and he got fired from that job..... He's the one who booked David Arquette AND HIMSELF to win the WCW title!!!

Then TNA starts up after WCW folds(shocker, but I don't blame Russo for that, since Turner's AOL merger simply hated wrestling) and despite Russo's horrible reputation from WWF and WCW and his recognized failings, Jeff Jarrett brought Russo in to book the promotion because Russo was the guy who put the World Title on Jeff and there was a sense of loyalty. Thing is, Russo can't book wrestling and he doesn't want to, he "writes action/adventure television". The result again, was a complete clusterfuck, he'd start angles and abruptly drop them, book horrible match ups that make no sense with regards to consistency or existing story lines and WOULDN'T BOOK WRESTLING ON THE CARDS. So you end up watching a two hour broadcast and there'd be maybe 22 minutes(or some goofy number close to that) of actual "in ring action". You also have a shitload of "reality TV" BS, where you get great wrestlers doing bad acting and worked-shoots and doing humiliating shit.

But still, Russo wasn't fired. He booked Jarrett on top and they were dying as a company. So when the Carter's come in with their boatloads of money from Panda Energy, they deferred to the wrestling people, like Vince Russo, because they were mindless money marks whose daughter, Dixie worked for TNA's PR firm and wanted to give her something to do with all their money, call it a "rich kid investment". Dixie running TNA basically gave Russo free reign and that's largely the reason why, despite having a major television deal with SPIKE TV and a big budget from the Carters, TNA bombed and never made an impact as the #2 company in the US wrestling scene. TNA had a chance, but under Russo's booking, he killed any chance of them succeeding. His booking was simply that bad. Watch the infamous "Last Rites" Match between Sting and Abyss where a casket comes down from the top of the building, you can actually hear the fans chanting "FIRE RUSSO!" over and over and over again. It became a popular TNA chant.

It cannot be overstated, Vince Russo is THE WORST. He is a complete and utter fucking idiot and the WORST booker in wrestling history, and that's saying something. To this day, people think that his work in WCW and TNA was all a part of some crazy conspiracy, whereby McMahon sent him over to sabotage the competition because nobody could possibly be THAT BAD. In truth, Vince Russo is and he's now completely unemployable in the wrestling industry to anybody with a brain, but he may be back with TNA. He hasn't had a single success since working under McMahon and we're looking at 14+ years now of nothing but shit. Again, Russo is the absolute WORST.

Endrant lol, I hate Vince Russo, he's a cunt.
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 03-01-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    No that was Kevin Nash, although half the time, Nash claims it was a "committee decision" and he wasn't even booking, but then the other half of the time he says it was a "long-term plan" to get major heat on the nWo against Bill Goldberg, who fucked the angle up by breaking his hand. This is an outright lie. In reality, it was a political power play to neuter Bill Goldberg and just fuck about.

Now, Vince Russo was nothing more than a wrestling mark when he got hired on to write kayfabe pieces for the WWF Magazine in the mid-90s. He weaselled his way into Vince's booking meetings by pushing ideas akin to ECW and Vince was desperate for something to change the product since they were crippled by the federal trial and Turner's WCW spending spree, that he listened-TO A DEGREE. That's a major factor in the Vince Russo saga, because he went through McMahon's filter and the rule was, for every one GOOD Russo idea, there were a hundred HORRIBLE ones. And even for the good ideas, Vince would tweak and alter what actually saw the air. So here's Russo claiming credit for Austin 3:16 etc, when in reality, he simply was pushing for a more crass and vulgar overall product with nudity and language.

Consider for a moment that Vince Russo was such a fucking mark that on the WWF LiveWire radio show, where he was a co-host, he smugly predicted who'd win the 1997 Royal Rumble, stating that his pick was Bret Hart. Thing is, Russo KNEW Bret was going to win since he was on creative and by stupidly trying to boost his cred with the smarks who listened and inflate his own ego, he went against a major WWF policy and McMahon CHANGED THE FINISH so Bret wouldn't win, because back then, they wanted to maintain some level of kayfabe or at the very least, an element of surprise. The number of examples of Russo's markdom are too many to list, but it's silly.

Now, the problem with Russo was that his impact became really negligible in WWF because he knew nothing about actual long-term wrestling booking and just booked raunch and tastelessness. Everything was a hotshot and everything needed to be edgy and Springer-esque and logic and continuity didn't matter- that's how you kill a territory/promoton, you need fans to have a reason to come back every week and you need to think far in advance, Russo didn't care and the result would be incoherent dribble. So when WCW started hemorrhaging money(thanks to Bischoff, Hogan and Nash etc) and was losing to WWF (when by all accounts, WWF should've gone bankrupt due to the trial costs and financial restraints that WCW simply didn't have)and looked for a new head of creative, so they brought in Vince Russo and his associate, Ed Ferrara, under the auspices that RUSSO was responsible for Austin, Rock and DX and was the major source for the WWF's turn around. WCW paid Russo a shitload of money and without the filter, he booked a horrendous product that was incomprehensibly bad, they lost something like 60 million in a year under his control and he got fired from that job..... He's the one who booked David Arquette AND HIMSELF to win the WCW title!!!

Then TNA starts up after WCW folds(shocker, but I don't blame Russo for that, since Turner's AOL merger simply hated wrestling) and despite Russo's horrible reputation from WWF and WCW and his recognized failings, Jeff Jarrett brought Russo in to book the promotion because Russo was the guy who put the World Title on Jeff and there was a sense of loyalty. Thing is, Russo can't book wrestling and he doesn't want to, he "writes action/adventure television". The result again, was a complete clusterfuck, he'd start angles and abruptly drop them, book horrible match ups that make no sense with regards to consistency or existing story lines and WOULDN'T BOOK WRESTLING ON THE CARDS. So you end up watching a two hour broadcast and there'd be maybe 22 minutes(or some goofy number close to that) of actual "in ring action". You also have a shitload of "reality TV" BS, where you get great wrestlers doing bad acting and worked-shoots and doing humiliating shit.

But still, Russo wasn't fired. He booked Jarrett on top and they were dying as a company. So when the Carter's come in with their boatloads of money from Panda Energy, they deferred to the wrestling people, like Vince Russo, because they were mindless money marks whose daughter, Dixie worked for TNA's PR firm and wanted to give her something to do with all their money, call it a "rich kid investment". Dixie running TNA basically gave Russo free reign and that's largely the reason why, despite having a major television deal with SPIKE TV and a big budget from the Carters, TNA bombed and never made an impact as the #2 company in the US wrestling scene. TNA had a chance, but under Russo's booking, he killed any chance of them succeeding. His booking was simply that bad. Watch the infamous "Last Rites" Match between Sting and Abyss where a casket comes down from the top of the building, you can actually hear the fans chanting "FIRE RUSSO!" over and over and over again. It became a popular TNA chant.

It cannot be overstated, Vince Russo is THE WORST. He is a complete and utter fucking idiot and the WORST booker in wrestling history, and that's saying something. To this day, people think that his work in WCW and TNA was all a part of some crazy conspiracy, whereby McMahon sent him over to sabotage the competition because nobody could possibly be THAT BAD. In truth, Vince Russo is and he's now completely unemployable in the wrestling industry to anybody with a brain, but he may be back with TNA. He hasn't had a single success since working under McMahon and we're looking at 14+ years now of nothing but shit. Again, Russo is the absolute WORST.

Endrant lol, I hate Vince Russo, he's a cunt.
    a lot of reading there, but pretty much got you're point with "I hate Vince Russo, he's a cunt"
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

I used to love WCW far more that WWF when I was an adolescent because of it's unpredictability. WWF was always easy to predict and always bored me until Stone Cold/Rock era when WCW crashed and burned. NWO was the best saga in pro-wrestling for me.

Don't know if Russo had a hand in it but I loved it.

Then again, I loved DX as well because I have always had the anti-authoritative streak in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    Excited to see if Eddie can win this, doesn't his contract give him an out to the UFC if he beats Chandler twice?
    I had thought win or lose this next fight he can leave?

Thread Information