View Poll Results: Did you subscribe to UFC Fight Pass?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 41.18%
  • No

9 52.94%
  • Considering it

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have UFC Fight Pass and what are your experiences with it?

UFC Fight Pass upgrade: Read new list of available countries for promotion's online digital subscription service
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/7/548...on-service-mma
    In Thursday's (March 6, 2014) press release, UFC unveiled the new countries that fall under the Fight Pass umbrella:

USA, Canada, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Australia, East Timor, Fiji, Kiribati,Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Falkland Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Greenland, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Vatican City, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen.

And with a new digital format, comes a new team of announcers.

That includes longtime emcee Andy Friedlander, who fills in for Bruce Buffer in fighter introductions. Sitting Octagonside will be veteran play-by-play broadcaster John Gooden, as UFC welterweight Dan Hardy (on heart hiatus) serves as color commentator.

$55 a PPV, $10 for fight pass.

That's roughly $65.00 a month to be a UFC fan.

After 10 + years, they have officially priced me out of their product.

And that is why the UFC will never be as big as the NFL. No matter how much uncle dana wants it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I would love to see a boycott of this Fight Pass..........I, myself, makes one.....anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    $55 a PPV, $10 for fight pass.

That's roughly $65.00 a month to be a UFC fan.

After 10 + years, they have officially priced me out of their product.

And that is why the UFC will never be as big as the NFL. No matter how much uncle dana wants it to be.
    I pay the ten bucks for fight pass and stream most PPV. Then I just tell myself I am supporting the product so it is ok that I am neglecting to pay for ppvs.

With that said, Fight Pass's library keeps getting better. I think they might have all UFC events uploaded now and lots of WEC / Affliction .. Still not the entire Pride cataloge but they do a "Pride will never die" collection which highlights important fights and events, as well as, the Best of Pride series.

I do like you can watch most of the original programing shows there though, such as, the Countdowns, UFC Central, UFC Tongiht and so on..

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I pay the ten bucks for fight pass and stream most PPV. Then I just tell myself I am supporting the product so it is ok that I am neglecting to pay for ppvs.

With that said, Fight Pass's library keeps getting better. I think they might have all UFC events uploaded now and lots of WEC / Affliction .. Still not the entire Pride cataloge but they do a "Pride will never die" collection which highlights important fights and events, as well as, the Best of Pride series.

I do like you can watch most of the original programing shows there though, such as, the Countdowns, UFC Central, UFC Tongiht and so on..
    I don't want to break the law in order to watch the UFC, this new crackdown has me spooked. It's a risk reward thing. I'd rather download the shows the next day and watch it for free, less of a chance of catching shit I guess.

How long does it take for them to upload the newest UFC events? Can you watch UFC 170 on fight pass yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

6. 03-07-2014, 02:47 PM

White: Fight Pass boasts more subscribers as pay service than during free preview
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/dana-wh...-free-preview/
    “I expected there to be more people on Fight Pass when it was free than we went live, but it was the complete opposite,” White said following Friday’s UFC Fight Night 37 weigh-ins at London’s O2 Arena. “There’s way more people subscribed now than we were actually free, so it’s pretty interesting.”

UFC Fight Pass launched in December as the promotion’s online home for exclusive live streaming fights, unique special content, original programming and the entirety of the Zuffa video vault. The company offered a free trial through the end of February, but on March 1 switched over to a subscription model, running $9.99 per month.

The digital network was initially available in just a few select countries but was recently expanded across the globe and now is in 178 different countries and territories worldwide.

But some pundits have wondered aloud why the UFC would choose to feature a fight such as this weekend’s UFC Fight Night 37 headliner between Alexander Gustafsson and Jimi Manuwa on the digital network. After all, Gustafsson is expected to challenge for a title should he prove victorious, so why would the promotion want to hide him behind a paywall?

White said that notion is simply incorrect.

“The fight is being distributed (on television) to 350 million possible homes throughout the world,” White said. “The fight is available in Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, the Philippines, Australia, Mongolia, India, New Zealand, the U.A.E. – Abu Dhabi and all of those countries down there. In the U.K., the entire card will be on BT Sport. The entire card, and the main event, for the first time ever here, will be on Channel 5 – open TV to everybody – the main event will be. We’re in Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Croatia and Israel. All of those countries, on television – 350 million homes.”

White admitted his company may have dropped the ball in disseminating the proper message at launch, but he insists the goal is simply to provide as many fights as possible to countries around the world, many of which don’t get to enjoy the frequency of fight cards held in countries like the U.S. or even Brazil. And when the company elected to add so many international fight cards to its schedule, the promotion’s television partner at FOX simply couldn’t handle the load.

“So the reason that this happened was we added 10 more [events],” White said. “We went to FOX and tried to see if FOX would pick up these 10 more fights, and they didn’t, so that’s why we put these on Fight Pass. … [FOX executives] create their budgets at the beginning of the year, and it wasn’t in their budget to pick up these fights. Not to say that they don’t pick them up later or whatever could happen with the deal, but that’s what happened.

“So it’s either nobody gets to see them, or you put them on Fight Pass. I hope that clears up some of the questions about Fight Pass. Anybody else in the rest of the countries I didn’t call, they get it on Fight Pass, too, which of course all these people in other countries are pumped to pay for it on Fight Pass, whereas the Americans who are used to getting these fights for free, some of them are a little twisted.”

Of course, there is still the lingering question as to when the entire archive, as promised, will be on UFC Fight Pass. The promotion seems to be adding content almost daily, but the entire Zuffa library isn’t online just yet. White said he’s aware of the issue and that he has employees working around the clock to get things up to speed as quickly as possible.

“You know how much time it takes to get all this stuff?” White asked. “Plus, some of this old footage, we have to take things out. There’s some things that we can’t leave in there: old sponsors that were on there and things that you can’t do. We can’t do it. So some of that stuff needs to be stripped out, and we’re working on it.

“The thing about Fight Pass is it’s only going to get better and better and better. More and more content is going to be loaded up on there.”

So for now, the UFC remains bullish on its newest venture, even as some insist it’s destined for failure. White believes some of the doubts may have boiled down to how his promotion initially presented the program. But the UFC boss also believes as the company’s foreign expansion continues – see announced 2014 visits to Brazil, Abu Dhabi, Canada, Germany, Ireland, China, Japan, Sweden and Turkey, for instance – localization of the product is key, and Fight Pass is a big reason that’s now possible, even if it may seem to be an issue when addressing from afar.

“I don’t know if we really explained how many other countries this would be in on some form of television,” White said. “It’s part of the growth of the sport. We added 10 more fights.

“We’re moving into these countries. … What we’re doing is we’re localizing the sport here in these different countries. Here in England, you’re never going to become a mainstream sport if you’re on at 3 o’clock, 4 o’clock in the morning. So now we’re here, in your country, on your free TV in primetime, the way that we’ve done it in the U.S.

“Why hasn’t it worked over here? Because we haven’t done it the right way. Now we’re doing it the right way.”

8. 03-19-2014, 12:02 PM

All Pride FC, Affliction, Elite XC and most Strikeforce events are now available.

^^ thats really sad...

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Thread Information