Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dong Hyun Kim wants a title shot

Default Dong Hyun Kim wants a title shot

Dong Hyun Kim wants a title shot
    UFC welterweight Dong Hyun Kim has now won four in a row, and with spinning elbow KO of John Hathaway at the TUF China Finale, he hope to get noticed.

ďIíve continued to stack up the wins, but I wasnít given the title shot,Ē said Kim at UFN 37 post fight press con, as transcribed by Sherdog. ďIn order to get the title shot, I knew I would have to change the way that I fight. I got much more aggressive, and hopefully Iíll get noticed and will get a shot at the title.Ē

ďIt doesnít matter who my opponent is going to be. There is no changing now. Iím going to continue to press on no matter what, and Iím not going to be afraid of losses. I donít care who the opponent is. When it comes to grappling, I think Iím one of the best. I have no problem going up against Johny Hendricks. I donít think anyone will be able to take me down. If itís striking, then whoever gets knocked out will get knocked out, but I will make sure that when I hit somebody, I will knock out.Ē
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Unfortunately for him john Hathaway isn't getting him a title shot. Would love to see him get a big name next.

Ok I think Carlos Codit would be a great fight for him, if he can stop Condit, then instant title shot....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Condit beats Dong. Wait, that didn't come out right.

Condit would be a rematch - Condit beat him in 2011 via a brutal knockout.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Condit would be a rematch - Condit beat him in 2011 via a brutal knockout.
    One of my favorite ko's ever!

He'd need either two more wins or a stoppage over a top name to earn a rematch against Condit. He's looked great lately, but Condit is on another level. Kampmann would be a great fight for him to test his skills, though he's on hiatus?
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

He asks for a title shot after every single fight haha . I don't think he understands how the system works.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I think he gets set up against the winner of Lombard/Shields, which could be a title eliminator. Otherwise a Demian Maia rematch could be good. Especially since it ended so abruptly with Kim's injury.

Fight pass? What the f is that? I didn't see the fight so I don't believe the fight actually happened.

Thread Information