Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Davis: Jon Jones 'wants more of the softer side of the division'

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    even though it was never officially scheduled to happen at any time just rumored....shame on him
    It was officially scheduled and not a rumor - Jon Jones out of UFC 170 title defense against Glover Teixeira
    Just one day after UFC president Dana White announced that Jones would fight Teixeira in the main event of UFC 170 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, White said Jones won't be fighting on Feb. 22.

"I told you yesterday that Jones will fight on Feb. 22," White told reporters following the UFC 167 press conference. "He won't fight in Feb. 22. He just pulled out of the fight. He's not fighting Feb. 22."

Adding an air of mystery to the situation, White declined to say why the UFC light heavyweight champion won't defend his belt on that night.

"He's not injured," was the only further info White offered on the reasons for the pullout.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    It was officially scheduled and not a rumor - Jon Jones out of UFC 170 title defense against Glover Teixeira
    BOOOOOYAAAHHH lol

Well lol.

I usually feel bonesknows gets a beat up around here but that just showed some shooting from the hip, not knowing your shit Stuff right there.

Oh, but Dana is always full of shit so he must be lying, right? I mean, Jones is the greatest fighter of all time so he's never turn down a fight or make an excuse not to fight someone, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

fair enough, i was going more off of this and didnt even know it was "official" for 170.

2:39 - 4:17

Seems he delayed, pushed back the title defense. Not outright pulled out of. I don't really see how thats a big deal, considering how often he's defended the title since he's won it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    fair enough, i was going more off of this and didnt even know it was "official" for 170.

2:39 - 4:17
    Going off what?

Jones skirting the question of why the fights were delayed and why they did not fight at 170?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Seems he delayed, pushed back the title defense. Not outright pulled out of. I don't really see how thats a big deal, considering how often he's defended the title since he's won it.
    I dont think it is that big of a deal. Bones made a claim and the correct info was provided to him and even then he tried to back peddle and make it seem any event delay was anyone but Jon's fault. Do I think Jones was running from Tex, no.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Going off what?

Jones skirting the question of why the fights were delayed and why they did not fight at 170?

I dont think it is that big of a deal. Bones made a claim and the correct info was provided to him and even then he tried to back peddle and make it seem any event delay was anyone but Jon's fault. Do I think Jones was running from Tex, no.
    I was responding to the statement from Phil Davis more than anything. I don't really read BKs comments when it comes to Jon Jones. Or take them seriously anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Going off what?

back peddling by agreeing with you and then explaining my previous position and where i had got my info from? If you say so.

And i was going off the "miss understandings" and the "jumping the gun" as jones put it. Now im not arguing who was right - dana or jones, but have we not seen lately if you dont do as dana pleases or as dana says he makes you look bad in the media? Couldnt that be the case here as well - or because its jones we just have to assume hes a douchebag who is scared / and or ducking Glover, and Goose, and DC, and Phil Davis and *insert name here* because the fight was moved back 2 months.

Also, if the contract is never signed - is it really official? Because once again according jones the contract was never signed (and as of this interview had yet to be signed).

I definitely take Jon Jones' word on this over Dana's. Dana has prematurely announced fights before and then had to backtrack. Given Dana's ego, he's not going to say he fucked up by announcing things too early.

Thread Information