Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Phil Davis: Jon Jones 'wants more of the softer side of the division'

"The last time you tried to handle somebody in the striking department, Alex hit you so many times in the right eye you almost turned into a pirate."
    Say what you want about Davis, that's some funny shit.

Oh wow awesome! Phil Davis is on that card, he always has exciting fights!
    Is a phrase I have never uttered in my life. He's running his mouth, making comments that are more interesting then his fights. And a win against a not top 10 Rumble will probably move him one fight away from a title shot. dude has great wrestling, but his stand up sucks and he hasn't impressed me much lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Goose yes, but the goose then and the goose now are two different fighters imo. And yeah he beat machida....technically.
    You do realize that Davis is a part of the reason that Gus has improved so much in the last few years right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

Davis definitely got the upper hand on Jones in that telephone call.
    its to bad he only gets the upper hand on Jones in telephone calls. And not where it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    You do realize that Davis is a part of the reason that Gus has improved so much in the last few years right ?
    Now if only Goose and Davis were one in the same....right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

Look, I am by NO MEANS a fan of Phil Davis, far from it actually. But to say that he hasn't beaten anyone is a gross injustice.
    I wouldn't say he hasn't beaten anybody, but....

If you assume (like I do) that Lil Nog is done, than Phil Davis hasn't beaten a fighter currently in the UFC LHW division since Goose.

I'd say finishing Goose is more than anyone else in the division can say they've done. Bones can't even say that and he's been a buzzsaw at LHW.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    It's not a fighters fault if another fighter has to leave the division.
    Absolutely, just like it's not his fault that other guys he beat are no longer with the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I'd say finishing Goose is more than anyone else in the division can say they've done. Bones can't even say that and he's been a buzzsaw at LHW.
    It's a great feat no doubt, but it was over 4 years ago when both were very green.

He has victories over Lil Nog, Machida, and Goose. I can't think of a single fighter who can make that claim.

But what he doesn't have is that IT factor.

He has solid grappling...and thats about it. His stand up hasn't progressed very well at all. I can't remember the last time he was in an exciting fight. He's a talented, boring, vanilla fighter.

Which is why he's talking shit to Bones, trying to drum up interest in a fight that nobody has any interest in seeing right now.

It's very Sonnen-esque. And I think thats what bothers me.

But thats what Dana wanted right?

I completely agree.

I'm just trying to keep it in perspective when people try to discredit everything on either side.

He still moves very robotically....is that a word....and looks very uncomfortable doing anything other than grappling and scrambling. I had high hopes for him after he subbed Gus but he's kind of stayed flat. Even bader's standup has progressed more over the years than Phil's.

I can't see Davis beating anyone who can nullify his wrestling....Cormier, Jones, and Evans immediately come to mind.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information