Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Phil Davis: Jon Jones 'wants more of the softer side of the division'

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Is a phrase I have never uttered in my life. He's running his mouth, making comments that are more interesting then his fights. And a win against a not top 10 Rumble will probably move him one fight away from a title shot.
    I think Rumble handles him, and vaults back into the UFC limelight again. I would not discount AJ's grappling, for me his big question is still his gas tank.

dude has great wrestling, but his stand up sucks and he hasn't impressed me much lately.
    He reminds me of another vanilla fighter who talks a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    But what he doesn't have is that IT factor.

He has solid grappling...and thats about it. His stand up hasn't progressed very well at all. I can't remember the last time he was in an exciting fight. He's a talented, boring, vanilla fighter.

Which is why he's talking shit to Bones, trying to drum up interest in a fight that nobody has any interest in seeing right now.

It's very Sonnen-esque. And I think thats what bothers me.
    Yes. But at least I find his smack a bit less rehearsed [read: plagiarized] and refreshing.

But thats what Dana wanted right?
    sadly, yes. Vince McMahon, too.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Jonny getting some fans...

Phil seems to have taken danas words to heart so now he's playing the game. He's trying to be the bad guy.

I like Phil and id like to see him fight Jones. I'm also probably a minority when I say I thought he won the machida fight. I watched the fight with no sound and had it 29-28 Phil.

I also had Davis beating Machida. In fact, his striking looked greatly improved in that fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information