Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogan: Crazy madness coming to the UFC women's division

Don't think Gina can make 135lbs can she? she's a big girl.

The only thing that would impress me would be a 4 person tournament with Gina, Ronda, Cyborg and Holly Holm.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Anybody consider the possibility of Dana White hiring a stripper named Crazy Madness, to fight Rousey?
    USA! USA! USA!

Wonder if they bought Invicta.

Ronda vs Carano would grade out as a gloried Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie match at this point. I'd be interested in seeing it, I wouldn't have grand illusions of it being fight of the year though.

But if UFC manages to pull off Holly Holm and Cyborg for the July card, I'd be more than satisfied with the state of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I was thinking about this, but wonder how cautious the UFC are with regards to monopoly and antitrust lawsuits, as those are headaches they really care to avoid.

I haven't this that yet, but considering Invicta hasn't done well with their PPVs and would probably be best suited as a farm system for the UFC's WMMA division(s), it's quite possible.

Thing is, they're desperate for a MAJOR bout on the July card and that's what I've heard this "big news" is about, and the timeline for July really only leaves Rousey, Aldo and Barao available and she's the only draw of the three.

She had trouble making weight at 145. Unless some things have changed, I don't see her making 135
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

That'd be funny if Rousey agreed to fight Carano at 145 lbs and still refused to fight Cyborg at anything but 135 lbs. These message boards would go crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    That'd be funny if Rousey agreed to fight Carano at 145 lbs and still refused to fight Cyborg at anything but 135 lbs. These message boards would go crazy!
    I'd refue to comment on any thread about it out of protest haha.

Interesting thought about buying Invicta. I never thought of that but that is a possibility however I would not be excited for it. I do not enjoy women's MMA and don't want to see more women's fights taking up cards.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I cant see this being the major announcement, outside of major mma fans, no one even knows what Invicta is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I was thinking about this, but wonder how cautious the UFC are with regards to monopoly and antitrust lawsuits, as those are headaches they really care to avoid.

I haven't this that yet, but considering Invicta hasn't done well with their PPVs and would probably be best suited as a farm system for the UFC's WMMA division(s), it's quite possible.

Thing is, they're desperate for a MAJOR bout on the July card and that's what I've heard this "big news" is about, and the timeline for July really only leaves Rousey, Aldo and Barao available and she's the only draw of the three.
    I dont think UFC needs to buy Invicta to use them as a farm league. White and Knapp already seem tight and Invicta seems more than willing to do what the UFC wants.

They need a major fight to promo for the July card. The lack of champions is making it hard for the UFC promo machine to tell us we need to be invested in a lot of the upcoming cards.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I do not enjoy women's MMA and don't want to see more women's fights taking up cards.
    Really? I would rather see some more female fighters taking up spots on the cards than a under card full of male fighters I have never heard of.

Thread Information