Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogan: Crazy madness coming to the UFC women's division

I don't think at all that it will be a Rousey vs Cyborg fight.

Maybe it is Rousey vs Carano, and that would be a horrible match. Rousey would destroy Gina in less than a minute.
    UFC buying Invicta is a possibility.

Rousey retiring is also something not impossible.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Really? I would rather see some more female fighters taking up spots on the cards than a under card full of male fighters I have never heard of.
    Not me, I do not enjoy women's mma at all. I use those fights as bathroom breaks.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Anybody consider the possibility of Dana White hiring a stripper named Crazy Madness, to fight Rousey?
    I had to rejoin the site to say: You, sir, are my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Not me, I do not enjoy women's mma at all. I use those fights as bathroom breaks.
    What is it about women"s mma you dislike so much? I get the division is a bit shallow but I think the girl fights are usually more exciting and fun than the majority of the prelim card male fights.

Invicta matchmaker Kedzie on 'Cyborg' at 135: I don't know 'if she can sustain it'
    Recently retired fighter and new Invicta FC matchmaker Julie Kedzie really hopes the organization’s 145-pound champion, Cristiane Justino, can make 135 pounds. She’s just not sure if “Cyborg” can sustain it.

“She has a large frame, and it’s a very muscular frame, and she has very, very low body fat, so she will have to get up a bit of muscle, I think, to make 135,” Kedzie recently told MMAjunkie. “Now, can she make it? I think she can. Can she sustain? I don’t know. We’ll have to find out.”
    Holly Holm: I really look forward to fighting Ronda Rousey
    Holm in April fights for Legacy Fighting Championship’s inaugural women’s bantamweight tile. And while Legacy FC has established itself as one of the sport’s top regional promotions, Holm’s impressive MMA run – which features five knockout victories in six appearances – has fans and pundits alike wondering if she’s destined for more.

“I definitely feel like my MMA career is on a fast track, which I think is great,” Hold told USA TODAY Sports. “I figure if you’re not going to challenge yourself, then why be in here? If you don’t want to be the best, then why are you doing this?”

'Cyborg' unveils plan to land Rousey fight

Invicta FC featherweight champion Cristiane Justino has a plan for 2014, which she hopes will lead to UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey by December.

Justino (12-1) recently hired medical consultants to help her start shedding weight in an attempt to make the 135-pound bantamweight limit by midsummer.

The plan calls for Justino, aka "Cyborg," to defend her 145-pound Invicta title in late April or early May, most likely against Ediane Gomes. Justino would then fight for Invicta's 135-pound title in a quick turnaround, perhaps as early as July.

In previous interviews, the Brazilian fighter hinted she was entering the final fight on the Invicta contract she signed last year. Invicta president Shannon Knapp wouldn't offer details, but said the proposed two title fights wouldn't necessarily require Justino to sign a contract extension.

yeah that makes sense, have Cyborg hold two belts for your organization before she abandons them for UFC, for a fight that if she wins another belt in she won't be able to stay at that weight class anyway. Makes perfect sense to me.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Where's Joe Ro's crazy news?

I hope we get to see Rousey/Cyborg sooner or later. Rousey/Carano from a pure fight perspective isn't terribly interesting, however, I'd definitely love to watch that fight anyway. It'd be a jewel on Rousey's career. Watching Gina is always entertaining because how can you not love watching a beautiful woman kick some ass in some sort of way? Beats me.

I don't understand guys who don't like to watch women fight but to each their own. I used to be that way years and years ago, but women fight fucking ruthlessly. There's been plenty of women fights that may be lacking technique but filled with violence. I love it.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

What is it about women"s mma you dislike so much? I get the division is a bit shallow but I think the girl fights are usually more exciting and fun than the majority of the prelim card male fights.
    It is very technically poor, it is also weird to me seeing women bleeding. I was never a fan and I'm definitely not the only one on here that feels that way.

It is like the WNBA but only its combined with the NBA.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

This here.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It is very technically poor, it is also weird to me seeing women bleeding. I was never a fan and I'm definitely not the only one on here that feels that way.
    GSP???
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein

Thread Information