Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rogan: Crazy madness coming to the UFC women's division

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It is very technically poor, it is also weird to me seeing women bleeding.
    Women bleed, they are human.

When you have a lady in your life, you will soon learn they bleed and they bleed regularly

IMO, Cyborg hasn't gotten the appropriate exposure to make a fight with Rousey WHAT IT COULD BE from a butyrate standpoint, I'd have her on the main card of a Rousey PPV and maybe showcase her in a FOX main event, then do a major league build so that the casuals look at Cyborg and say "THAT'S SOMEBODY I WANNA SEE FIGHT RONDA!" and right now, Cyborg is quite removed from the Strikeforce exposure and I'd hazard a guess that at the moment, not too many casual fans are that familiar with her.

The build-up to that fight is a must IMO and the suggestion of having Rousey fight someone else, either Zigano(coming off the knees and her estranged husband's suicide is a lot to overcome) or even Carano- because Gino could pull down a helluva pay check for one night's work and there's very little risk of Rousey losing there, and ZUFFA is all about protecting their golden goose, while feeding Cyborg a Jessica Eye or take on on of the fighters coming out of Carmouche/Tate or Kaufman/Baszler fights, proving she can successfully get down to 135 and then, with one or two powerhouse showcases under her belt in front of a major audience, THEN book Cyborg/Rousey and it'll do 700K + buys and there's no risk of hyping a fight and having Cyborg blow her weight cut.

That's how I'd see it, book Carano/Rousey with Cyborg/Eye for the July card, then book Rousey/Zigano on say either PPV or a FOX card for a huge number around November-so to get the heavy and hard NFL promo sell, and just for argument's sake, book Cyborg/Tate on the undercard to give Cyborg a big name opponent. Then, if Rousey and Cyborg get past those foes, book the Rousey/Cyborg matchup for Super Bowl Saturday Card....that I think would be the best way to go about business, however I wouldn't be shocked if they hotshot Cyborg/Rousey for December and only show Cyborg once prior, probably on the main card of whatever main event Rousey has.

Oh and as this is all going along, I slowly and deliberately build both Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes as "future stars" since they're both young with big upsides, all the while building a strong straw weight roster post TUF, since they desperately need to find a way to get Aguilar off the of WSOF roster, since she's a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

When you have a lady in your life, you will soon learn they bleed and they bleed regularly
    yeah, but I cant trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesnt die...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

Different kinds of bleeding, but his point was that he would feel weird watching it. That's probably true of the kind of bleeding you're talking about too, unless he's into some weird stuff. I personally DON'T enjoy watching a woman bleed from getting hit, or menstruating. I'm not against women fighting, if they wanna do it then cool, but I don't enjoy watching it. I also don't follow the women are more entertaining, and brutal than the men narrative that the UFC has forced down everyone's throats. The technique, and power that is necessary to create violent, ruthless finishes generally isn't there. That isn't to say it is impossible, but it's less likely.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

I think the best thing that could happen for Ronda--and for zuffa--would be for her to lose to Carano.

It would suck momentarily, but it would set up Ronda as human, and not so far above the field in the eyes of the casual fan. There would be more interest in her fights if she's not considered a lock to win. If zuffa was able to sign Carano to a 3 fight deal, the buyrate for the rematch would go through the roof. If Ronda wins the rematch, it sets up potential for a huge rubber match, in terms of interest, exposure, and sales.

I think Gina has potential if she can make weight. It would certainly be a win-able fight for Rousey...but if it comes to pass, it would beg the question: What has Gina done to deserve a title shot that Cyborg hasn't?

If you give Gina a big money title shot as a debut, you're setting a precedent for other fighters to get them without "doing the work" in the UFC. Cyborg would be entitled, Holly Holm would be entitled, etc.

So zuffa is playing with fire here, potentially. I'm sure they'll do whatever they want, credibility has never really been a concern for them in the past, but again, they don't--and by they, I mean dana--respond well to criticism, even if it's valid. Particularly if it's valid, in dana's case.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I dunno man. Everyone is concerned about the girls with "star power" or former contention or status outside of the UFC getting a quick title shot. Right now, the women's division needs big fights to build it up so I guess I'm in the minority to say this is the way to...right now. Those other girls like Cat and all will get their chance and it can be a blessing in disguise for them if the "gimme" title shots for the famous ones build interest in the division resulting in future title matches getting these passed over girls more $$$ in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Different kinds of bleeding, but his point was that he would feel weird watching it. That's probably true of the kind of bleeding you're talking about too, unless he's into some weird stuff. I personally DON'T enjoy watching a woman bleed from getting hit, or menstruating. I'm not against women fighting, if they wanna do it then cool, but I don't enjoy watching it. I also don't follow the women are more entertaining, and brutal than the men narrative that the UFC has forced down everyone's throats. The technique, and power that is necessary to create violent, ruthless finishes generally isn't there. That isn't to say it is impossible, but it's less likely.
    This ^^ pretty much my thoughts exactly.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information