Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones: I'm sick of seeing UFC LHW fighting 'cans' until they get a title shot

Default Jon Jones: I'm sick of seeing UFC LHW fighting 'cans' until they get a title shot

Jon Jones: I'm sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fighting 'cans' until they get a title shot
    Fresh off his win over Patrick Cummins at UFC 170, who is probably closer to a cup than a can based on his previous line of work, "DC" sent a message to Jones (via FOX Sports) politely asking for a crack at the crown. "Bones" responded -- just as politely -- by telling him to pound sand.

"First and foremost, since you're speaking more respectfully, I'll say congratulations on your victory and your weight loss. But as far as giving you a title shot, I have no interest in fighting you right now, only because of the fact that you really haven't fought anyone that I consider a top level fighter. I'm kind of sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fight against kind of like 'cans' until they get a title shot. I really want to see a top contender fight a top contender and I think you need to fight someone a little bit more well-known than Patrick Cummins. Fight against Rashad [Evans], fight against somebody legit, man. Then I think it would be a little more appropriate to give you that title shot."

For the first time ever he has valid a point
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Jones must not know how ufc marketing works. However I do agree with bones here (probably a first). DC should not get a shot based off that win, but however I would not be upset/surprised if he gets a shot if some one does get injured and dana gives him a call.

So I wonder if Jones realizes he is the one who shut down the Gustoffson rematch?

Or how about the fact, Tex is getting his title shot with a win over Bader, just like Jones did.

As well, DC was scheduled to fight Evans. You cant blame DC for Evans injury, you can give DC props for being open to still taking any fight the UFC thought was fit. Unfortunately for DC, the UFC did him a disservice by calling up Pat Cummins (which is the main problem here).

I didnt realize Bigfoot Silva, Frank Mir, Roy Nelson and Josh Barnett were can crushers? Does the fact DC earned a title shot at HW mean nothing? I get it is not the LHW div but you can just ignore the wins DC has racked up.

Finally, what would Jones like to see happen? All the top 6 guys fight each other and then he waits 6 months for everyone to heal so he can fight the deserving champ? Well, Goose was deserving months ago after he beat Jones up for 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    For the first time ever he has valid a point
    Yes but he was just saying/doing the opposite not so long ago. He didn't want a Gus rematch and talked about how Texiera should get the shot instead. Also Jones best win was against Ryan Bader when he fought for the title.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

While I respect Jones' accomplishments so far (outside of the Rampage, Vitor, Sonnen fights), especially at the young age that he has been doing it, but it sounds like the "P4P" champ wants contenders to eliminate each other, so that he can relax and fight less contenders. I can only imagine the bs coming out of his mouth if he were to fight in Pride tourneys and had to fight 2-3 guys in one night!!! If he is that bored with the LHW, why not give up the strap and move on to HW?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yes but he was just saying/doing the opposite not so long ago. He didn't want a Gus rematch and talked about how Texiera should get the shot instead. Also Jones best win was against Ryan Bader when he fought for the title.
    Really? It wasnt when he destroyed Shogun? Or put Machida to sleep? Or subbed Rampage and/or Vitor

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Really? It wasnt when he destroyed Shogun? Or put Machida to sleep? Or subbed Rampage and/or Vitor
    All of those fights were title shots. I said at the time he fought for the title meaning when he became the # 1 contender his best win was Ryan bader. It is amazing to me that you bolded the words when he fought for the title and still didn't read them.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    All of those fights were title shots. I said at the time he fought for the title meaning when he became the # 1 contender his best win was Ryan bader. It is amazing to me that you bolded the words when he fought for the title and still didn't read them.
    You should probably reread that. "Also Jones best win was against Ryan Bader when he fought for the title." that statement says that was his best win, period. It doesnt state it was his best win prior to winning the title.

Edit: Its worded poorly but I got it. I retract my statement.

Jon should probably get his head checked out sooner than later if he forgot how he fought only against cans before getting his title shot.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Thread Information