Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones: I'm sick of seeing UFC LHW fighting 'cans' until they get a title shot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    Since when does Jon Jones make title match ups anyway?
    Well it all started when he turned down the Sonnen fight and ruined 151

For someone who has accomplished so much Jones sure likes to dumb his arguments down a lot. There may very well come a day when Jones would like to jump the heavyweight ladder to face the Heavyweight champ I don't see why he has a problem with DC's resume I mean DC is basically the linear heavyweight champ he is the black Fedor reincarnate. Someone as talented and accomplished as Jones should and could simply step up to any and all challenges put forth in the octagon without complaint. Its a waste of his own time to worry about opponent selection.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    For someone who has accomplished so much Jones sure likes to dumb his arguments down a lot. There may very well come a day when Jones would like to jump the heavyweight ladder to face the Heavyweight champ I don't see why he has a problem with DC's resume I mean DC is basically the linear heavyweight champ he is the black Fedor reincarnate. Someone as talented and accomplished as Jones should and could simply step up to any and all challenges put forth in the octagon without complaint. Its a waste of his own time to worry about opponent selection.
    DC isn't the linear champ though. Cain is. Werdum beat Fedor; Overeem beat Werdum; Big Foot beat Overeem (post-DC loss) and Cain beat Big Foot in their rematch.

I thought Cain was the lineal heavyweight champ. The absolute undisputed hw champ.

Cain > Bigfoot > AO > Werdum > Fedor > Nogueira > Coleman > Fujita > Kerr > Inoue > Couture > Smith > Coleman def Severn UFC 12 (first mma hw champ).

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ampion-of-MMA/
    Last edited by rahdeezy; 03-04-2014 at 09:51 PM.

he is the black Fedor reincarnate.
    No. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

What gives me the shakes or goosebumps while watching title fights (which doesn't happen as much as it used to) was when one fighter would tear his way through two or three of the other hungriest top dogs, making it a very difficult path to the champion. It gives the fight so much more weight for both the challenger and champion, and the victory a much greater achievement. It also makes for greater nostalgia later on.

There's no denying Daniel is a legitimate threat to Bones. His track record at HW rightfully influences immediate interest, but he should be pitted against the top 5 because of it, and not just one of them. He has no substance at LHW. That doesn't mean he couldn't beat Jon right now, but the quality of the product would be substantially better if they built him up more.

When guys get immediate title shots these days, even though its still interesting, it takes away from the win for the champion. It's like you're watching to see if the underdog will pull off the upset, and if he fails, it was expected.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    DC isn't the linear champ though. Cain is. Werdum beat Fedor; Overeem beat Werdum; Big Foot beat Overeem (post-DC loss) and Cain beat Big Foot in their rematch.
    Welp there goes my argument, forgot Werdum. Somehow thought Bigfoot was the first to dethrone Fedor.

DC is no worse than #3 in the world at HW by anybody's rankings, and #2 by mostly all. I think that's the point he was trying to make. I've always been a believer in the champ fights whoever is ranked the highest when he is able to compete. He shouldn't wait around for somebody to earn it. Shit, Weidman isn't waiting around for Machida to really earn his shot, he's the best available, and they are fighting. If the guy didn't deserve to be there, then enjoy showing the world that, and your pay day. I don't know if I'd give it to goose or DC, but I do know that the champ shouldn't be inactive while it's figured out, pick one and set a date (when I say pick one, I do not mean that Bones gets to do the picking).
    USA! USA! USA!

Wouldn't it be nice if you could find a way to mute jones until fight night and then mute him again? Seriously, i would love to like this kid because he's so fucking talented but that ego and mouth.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if you could find a way to mute jones until fight night and then mute him again? Seriously, i would love to like this kid because he's so fucking talented but that ego and mouth.
    I actually thought he's getting better. Still sucks to listen to/read, just not as badly.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information