Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones: I'm sick of seeing UFC LHW fighting 'cans' until they get a title shot

He may be but I am probably permanently tainted and it seems like the entitlement attitude remains intact.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Tyson Griffin goes after UFC champ Jon Jones on Twitter
    Griffin today tweeted Jones, writing, “If you’re a ‘champ’ @JonnyBones you’d whoop @dc_mma and move on,” and later added, “This 26 year old @JonnyBones thinks the names on @dc_mma record aren’t top level? That is just disrespectful if you ask me.”

The 29-year-old featherweight, who is a teammate of Cormier’s at the famed American Kickboxing Academy and also serves as his nutritionist, then posted a serious of alleged exchanges between he and Jones via screenshots of his direct messages.

According to him, they were initially one-sided when Jones wrote him and then blocked him on the social media website.

“Thanks for the followers,” read Jones’ initial message. “Whatever happened to you anyways?”

You can imagine where things went from there.

Griffin, who most recently lost a TKO to Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante under the World Series of Fighting banner, explained he was on injury layoff and said he was “tired of hearing fighters talk about who they don’t want to fight.” He was referencing a recent interview Jones gave to FOX Sports where he responded to Cormier’s recent request for a title shot and said he wasn’t interested in the fight if successful over Glover Teixeira at UFC 172.

According to Griffin’s screenshots, Jones did eventually respond to his initial tweet, writing, “First of all, I was never following you in the first place! Please don’t flatter yourself. If you’re looking for work, I could use a Waterboy.”

“In all sincerity,” another message read, “I appreciate the exposure you have given my Twitter page today, can’t wait to reach 1 million followers.”

Giving a running commentary on the screenshots, Griffin quipped, “Kids these days….SMH.”

Jones’ rebuttal ended with, “LOL you’re like OMG Jon Jones is writing me!! Clown, I have to go got a world title fight coming up, you wouldn’t know much.”

After the testy exchange, however, we now know that Griffin and Jones won’t be sharing any bro hugs at UFC events or elsewhere. That already was the case between Jones and Cormier, whose beef stretches back several years to a run-in at an MMA awards show and has been restoked by Cormier’s push toward the light heavyweight belt following a successful run at heavyweight.

Jones, meanwhile, has hinted at a move to heavyweight in the near future, so it’s possible the two may never clash. If the rivalry continues to heat up, though, fans may demand it.

At least one person is. Whether or not he’s an unbiased source is another thing.

So the great champ @JonnyBones DM's me then unfollows so he wouldn't have to hear my response. Class act I tell ya! http://t.co/zqkWb3rjKm—
    Tyson Griffin (@TysonGriffin) March 05, 2014

Lmao!! Keep em coming brother!! http://t.co/Ap8l9Do2lE—

Like I previously said, kids these days….SMH http://t.co/4at8R4rZeI—

And another one lol! http://t.co/0lbf7ynPxV—

Lol I never cared for Jones character much. I just don't like when ppl are in completel denial of how his size has played the biggest role in his success. But these messages are gold and give u a little insight to how immature and disrespectful he is as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Lol I never cared for Jones character much. I just don't like when ppl are in completel denial of how his size has played the biggest role in his success. But these messages are gold and give u a little insight to how immature and disrespectful he is as a person.
    riiiiight, not Tyson Griffin who started all of this nonsense by talking shit to Jones in the first place - Its Jones who is the immature and disrespectful one...

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    riiiiight, not Tyson Griffin who started all of this nonsense by talking shit to Jones in the first place - Its Jones who is the immature and disrespectful one...
    Ever heard of the expressions:

Turn the other cheek
    Take the high road

Not very Christian actions of Mr. Boner

They are both immature. Jones should be mature enough not to be goaded into a twatter battle with a troll.

Yea because calling other fighters "cans" is so respectful lol

I dont know why Jones would even respond to him; Lions dont care about the opinions of sheep.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information