Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones: I'm sick of seeing UFC LHW fighting 'cans' until they get a title shot

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    You should probably reread that. "Also Jones best win was against Ryan Bader when he fought for the title." that statement says that was his best win, period. It doesnt state it was his best win prior to winning the title.

Edit: Its worded poorly but I got it. I retract my statement.
    Yeah I meant when he fought for the title not defending it. Meaning wins prior to the Shogun fight.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yes but he was just saying/doing the opposite not so long ago. He didn't want a Gus rematch and talked about how Texiera should get the shot instead. Also Jones best win was against Ryan Bader when he fought for the title.
    Jones didn't just get a title shot based on beating Bader. He got a title shot after he beat Bader due to Evans being hurt and well the timing just worked.

It could be wrong. It was a long time ago, but I thought Bader was decently ranked at the time Jones beat him. Not a top contender but at least a top ten that was a big prospect and working his way up the ranks at the time.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    It could be wrong. It was a long time ago, but I thought Bader was decently ranked at the time Jones beat him. Not a top contender but at least a top ten that was a big prospect and working his way up the ranks at the time.
    I believe he was ranked. All I remember was that both Jones and Bader were both undefeated with similar records when they fought each other.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Jones didn't just get a title shot based on beating Bader. He got a title shot after he beat Bader due to Evans being hurt and well the timing just worked.
    Yes I know that but he still got a title shot prematurely which he is complaining about other guys doing the same.

If DC does get a title shot, it wouldn't be because of UFC 170, but because of his previous accomplishments.
    You have to know what you don't know.

haters gona hate
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    If DC does get a title shot, it wouldn't be because of UFC 170, but because of his previous accomplishments.
    His previous accomplishments were in a different weight class, so they should have no effect on a title shot at LHW. I say "should" but we all know how the UFC works.

I don't believe he should jump Phil Davis with his body of work in the UFC so far.

I actually don't have a problem with DC needing another fight or two at LHW before he gets a title shot. If Goose past Jimi, he should get the next shot, in my opinion. I'd give Cormier the winner of Davis/AJ...unless Goose loses and Davis wins. If that happens, I'd give Davis the next shot.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yes but he was just saying/doing the opposite not so long ago. He didn't want a Gus rematch and talked about how Texiera should get the shot instead. Also Jones best win was against Ryan Bader when he fought for the title.
    I don't agree with the precedent of DC needing more work at LHW, but I agree that Jones is coming off as a contradictory, hypocrite here.

Yes. And there are viable contenders right now.

I've never had Bader ranked higher than 8 in his career, and that was a soft ranking. But rankings are only good as the logic behind them. The UFC rankings have Cormier at LHW 6 right now, with that win over Cummins.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    His previous accomplishments were in a different weight class, so they should have no effect on a title shot at LHW. I say "should" but we all know how the UFC works.
    How many fights did Randy have at LHW before fighting for the interim against Chuck?
    The precedent is there...but there are too many viable options right now to employ it without backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    haters gona hate
    Do you seriously feel like Jones doesn't contradict himself? Or come off as a whiner a lot of the time?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information