Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 112

Thread: Ronda Rousey vs Gina Carano rumored for UFC card on July 4th weekend

  1. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Most people appreciate a quick little joke, only a select few get butt hurt over every little thing. Also, sorry but being an intellectual and having an informed conversation are not thing same thing. Mostly everyone on here knows their shit when it comes to MMA and we have good discussion just talking casually. this is just a board for fans to converse not some type of scholarly work.

    I don't understand some of you and your desire for fucking business etiquette on these forums. This is not a seminar, or conference, or something important where professionalism is a must its essentially a virtual version of conversations that go on at sports bars.
    I'm not butt hurt, just put off when people respond to questions or conversations (with valid arguments) and then get a 'lol you mad?' rebuttal (or something of the like). If you want to spin that into your own agenda, that's cool. I'm not arguing that we need to be "intellectuals," if you post an informed conversation I would be plenty happy with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    What is a conversation kill discussion board?
    Insert an "and" where necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was a perfect response.
    To what, a typo? You got me I guess? Now I can correct it
    Last edited by initial_zen; 03-08-2014 at 03:58 AM.



  2. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I'm not butt hurt, just put off when people respond to questions or conversations (with valid arguments) and then get a 'lol you mad?' rebuttal (or something of the like). If you want to spin that into your own agenda, that's cool. I'm not arguing that we need to be "intellectuals," if you post informed conversation I would be plenty happy with that.



    Insert an "and" where necessary.



    To what, a typo? You got me I guess? Now I can correct it
    It was funny because you were talking about how we have to be intellectual and proper when a having discussion yet write something that made no sense because of a typo. Which is my point, that everything doesn't have to be grammatically perfect in order to have a discussion about mma.

    I also never said you were butt hurt, sounds like a guilty conscience...and you say you aren't arguing but agreeing with someone who is.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  3. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It was funny because you were talking about how we have to be intellectual and proper when a having discussion yet write something that made no sense because of a typo. Which is my point, that everything doesn't have to be grammatically perfect in order to have a discussion about mma.
    Did you read my post? I don't know where you are getting this 'I want people to be proper' from. I said discussing things intelligently does impact discussions (because you said it didn't). Discuss things intelligently has no bearings on how casual or how proper you have to speak. If you don't agree with that, I would like to hear your argument against it.

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I also never said you were butt hurt, sounds like a guilty conscience...
    Uhh you quoted me and said

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Most people appreciate a quick little joke, only a select few get butt hurt over every little thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    and you say you aren't arguing but agreeing with someone who is.
    Read my damn post.. I said I am not arguing "that we need to be 'intellectuals,' if you post an informed conversation I would be plenty happy with that." ... I'm not arguing that we have to be intellects, but I am arguing that silly one liners responding to well thought out posts are retarded. If you want to have any type of discussion or disagree with what a post says, then I would have no qualms with that.
    Last edited by initial_zen; 03-08-2014 at 04:28 AM.



  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    I like one liners, but I am willing to discuss things on a deeper level. A little humor, even cheesy humor, doesn't hurt anything. All that being said, this whole thing has gone way off topic, so when it finds it's way back to the original discussion......I'LL BE BACK.
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It was funny because you were talking about how we have to be intellectual and proper when a having discussion yet write something that made no sense because of a typo. Which is my point, that everything doesn't have to be grammatically perfect in order to have a discussion about mma.

    I also never said you were butt hurt, sounds like a guilty conscience...and you say you aren't arguing but agreeing with someone who is.
    Nowhere did he say anything about being "grammatically perfect". There's a huge difference between wanting intelligent conversation and being a grammar snob. In fact I'd wager he would lump posts pointing out grammatical errors in with the "You mad Bro" type rebuttal, I know I would.

    At the end of the day this is a discussion forum where we come to talk with people we often disagree. If someone counters your argument with a well thought out argument of their own and you respond with "haters gonna hate" "You mad bro" or some lame gif it discourages people from taking the time to formulate thoughtful posts.

    You asked a question and Riv responded with one of the most in depth responses I've seen in a while. Granted, he got a little zinger in there but he set the stage for what could have been a engaging conversation if, you or one of the Vitor haters put a little effort into your rebuttal.
    My Favorite Fighters

    1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

  6. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    I am going to politely disagree with you here.

    I hold a Pharm D. with a bunch of other initials pointing to my education in toxicology. I also had a nice conversation with someone on this forum a few years back that was a physician. I think the better way to put that is, "No one on this forum has all the facts to make an argument either pro or against Vitor juicing" and I believe that would be a correct statement. I realize your entire post stated exactly what my sentence says, and I hope you forgive my nitpicking, just thought I would throw that out there.
    Holding a Pharm D with a bunch of other initials pointing to your education you should be able to realize and understand that not having all the facts does indeed make you not qualified to answer about his particular case. You are however qualified to answer general questions about the drugs and substances and TRT in general.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Nowhere did he say anything about being "grammatically perfect". There's a huge difference between wanting intelligent conversation and being a grammar snob. In fact I'd wager he would lump posts pointing out grammatical errors in with the "You mad Bro" type rebuttal, I know I would.

    At the end of the day this is a discussion forum where we come to talk with people we often disagree. If someone counters your argument with a well thought out argument of their own and you respond with "haters gonna hate" "You mad bro" or some lame gif it discourages people from taking the time to formulate thoughtful posts.

    You asked a question and Riv responded with one of the most in depth responses I've seen in a while. Granted, he got a little zinger in there but he set the stage for what could have been a engaging conversation if, you or one of the Vitor haters put a little effort into your rebuttal.

    Jesus Christ... some of you have a stick so far up your ass it comes out your nose. Simply saying you mad bro fucking around inducing such an uproar is pretty hilarious.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Did you read my post? I don't know where you are getting this 'I want people to be proper' from. I said discussing things intelligently does impact discussions (because you said it didn't). Discuss things intelligently has no bearings on how casual or how proper you have to speak. If you don't agree with that, I would like to hear your argument against it.
    em pretty butt hurt.
    Uhh you quoted me and said






    Read my damn post.. I said I am not arguing "that we need to be 'intellectuals,' if you post an informed conversation I would be plenty happy with that." ... I'm not arguing that we have to be intellects, but I am arguing that silly one liners responding to well thought out posts are retarded. If you want to have any type of discussion or disagree with what a post says, then I would have no qualms with that.

    I quoted your response to me talking about sniggles...I never said you but right now you do seem like it right now. The dumbest thing about your little rant is that you and swordofarse are so mad that I said a little joke to rivethead meanwhile he throws out one liners all of the time(most of which are hilarious) and he didn't seem to give a fuck at all about it when I said it.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Holding a Pharm D with a bunch of other initials pointing to your education you should be able to realize and understand that not having all the facts does indeed make you not qualified to answer about his particular case. You are however qualified to answer general questions about the drugs and substances and TRT in general.
    ...I thought that's what he said.

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Jesus Christ... some of you have a stick so far up your ass it comes out your nose. Simply saying you mad bro fucking around inducing such an uproar is pretty hilarious.
    I wasn't mad--not even a little bit--but I thought I covered the point of why it's a bitch move to call Vitor a cheater with the information we currently have available.

    I suspect Vitor has been crossing the line from use to abuse. But that's a suspicion, and even if it was true, it doesn't account for the other factors which would play an enormous role in his improvement late in his career.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  10. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...I thought that's what he said.


    I wasn't mad--not even a little bit--but I thought I covered the point of why it's a bitch move to call Vitor a cheater with the information we currently have available.

    I suspect Vitor has been crossing the line from use to abuse. But that's a suspicion, and even if it was true, it doesn't account for the other factors which would play an enormous role in his improvement late in his career.

    rh
    If it is then it is. But how I read it was that he was qualified to answer questions about the specific fighter in question.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •