Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 112

Thread: Ronda Rousey vs Gina Carano rumored for UFC card on July 4th weekend

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    I'd agree that rep is bullshit. People rep one another for saying stupid shit, if it's at the expense of someone they've somehow managed to hate without ever meeting them.

    But really, IceCold48, I have two issues:
    1: When I said I you weren't coming off as particularly bright, the trollwork you just executed with Sniggles is what I'm referring to. You both have the potential to contribute more to the board...but that volley of garbage isn't cutting it.

    2: you haven't even remotely responded to the content in my post as to why it's idiotic to call Vitor a cheater. You'd gone on record saying something like "if someone cheats, why can't you call him a cheater?" Assuming you got past the first two lines, after reading my posts, are you still inclined to call Vitor a cheater?

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    You are obviously insecure about your lack of intelligence so resort to being more and more of a docuhe each day. By the way every time I come back at you and your shit I get rep'd so obviously I'm not alone here.
    And I get rep for winding you up and making you angry. Rep matters. Facts remain are that I span you like a top and you say alot of silly shit often without thinking it through. I was trying to make you think about that for a second.

    You can't even stay on a single thought at once. You went from Vitor to trolling to crying.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 03-08-2014 at 10:08 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    And I get rep for winding you up and making you angry. Rep matters. Facts remain are that I span you like a top and you say alot of silly shit often without thinking it through.
    Because its an open forum...why should I think before I type things? What "silly shit" have I said in 100 percent seriousness? You don't like my sense of humor, it infuriates you and I actually enjoy that. But when it comes to MMA I know my shit even though I tend to troll fans of fighters I don't like for example saying Anderson Silva is a poor striker haha.

    And yeah riv I kind of just ignored it because I didn't care enough to read the whole thing my bad haha.

    Initial Zen, the point I was trying to make was that I am not the only one who thinks he has become nothing more than a trolling dickhead.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 03-08-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    Rep matters. It's if people like the things you say or not, that matters. I mean yeah, if you're super controversial then you're gonna get some supporters, but that's how life in general works. For the most part though, if you are an idiot or a pompous ass, people are gonna get tired of your shit, and if you are intelligent, witty, and insightful, people are gonna appreciate that. I understand where he is coming from to an extent because I get annoyed too by the overwhelming snobby ass baggery that sometimes takes place here, and runs rampant in the off topic parts. There is a difference between discussing the topic at hand on what you consider to be a deeper level, and losing your shit when everybody else does the same. I enjoy Riv's insight (as well as many others), but I also enjoy one liners, Hoss posting clips of Hendo destroying Bisping, and people actually trying to have fun. That is what this is after all, fun, that's what we are doing. We aren't actually changing anything in the MMA world. We are discussing things we enjoy with other people who enjoy the same thing, to enhance our own personal enjoyment, and have a sense of belonging.

    I should point out that I hate my job, I have about as many bills as I can handle, and then some, I've been engaged for 4 years when I wanna get married, I live in a place that I don't particularly enjoy for the sake of my fiancée going to school, and I bitch about my personal life on an MMA forum. My point is that I dislike a lot of my life, but I gotta do what I gotta do. I don't gotta do this, I do it for fun, which is what it should be.
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 03-08-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,367

    Default

    On-topic though, the lack of sophisticated MMA drug testing in the top tier organization is and has always been to blame. The UFC does not really care enough about the purity of sport, it cares about profit margins more. One can simply look at fighter sponsors and objective statements from fighters on pay to see how they take care of the fighters. Dana White sways the way of popular sentiment like a bad politician.

    ViTRTor has not been proven to be a cheat, nor will any fighter who abuses TRT rather than uses it for medical treatment. The proper tests to detect EPO and HGH are not applied and synthetic testosterone is undetectable in training camp without surprise tests. Vitor probably has been abusing TRT. There is no definitive answer though.

    Lance Armstrong had allegations for years then proper testing finally caught him. Fact is though, that it takes investigations to actually catch an athlete when scheduled testing (which is easy to schedule doping against) is in place.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    On-topic though, the lack of sophisticated MMA drug testing in the top tier organization is and has always been to blame. The UFC does not really care enough about the purity of sport, it cares about profit margins more. One can simply look at fighter sponsors and objective statements from fighters on pay to see how they take care of the fighters. Dana White sways the way of popular sentiment like a bad politician.

    ViTRTor has not been proven to be a cheat, nor will any fighter who abuses TRT rather than uses it for medical treatment. The proper tests to detect EPO and HGH are not applied and synthetic testosterone is undetectable in training camp without surprise tests. Vitor probably has been abusing TRT. There is no definitive answer though.

    Lance Armstrong had allegations for years then proper testing finally caught him. Fact is though, that it takes investigations to actually catch an athlete when scheduled testing (which is easy to schedule doping against) is in place.
    How exactly do you define be proven a cheat if apparently failing a drug test and being suspended for it is not enough?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Because its an open forum...why should I think before I type things? What "silly shit" have I said in 100 percent seriousness? You don't like my sense of humor, it infuriates you and I actually enjoy that. But when it comes to MMA I know my shit even though I tend to troll fans of fighters I don't like for example saying Anderson Silva is a poor striker haha.

    And yeah riv I kind of just ignored it because I didn't care enough to read the whole thing my bad haha.

    Initial Zen, the point I was trying to make was that I am not the only one who thinks he has become nothing more than a trolling dickhead.
    OK, so you're a troll. You try to be funny--you aren't--and you can't bother to take three minutes to read an actual post, because you don't care, haha.

    So you get no more patience from me.

    You have an option...continue to be a troll, and get treated like one; or smarten up.


    I'm tired of the board sucking.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    OK, so you're a troll. You try to be funny--you aren't--and you can't bother to take three minutes to read an actual post, because you don't care, haha.

    So you get no more patience from me.

    You have an option...continue to be a troll, and get treated like one; or smarten up.


    I'm tired of the board sucking.

    rh





    Now stop neglecting that your constant rants aren't hurting the board also and let's get back to the topic at hand. A mod stirring the shit pot all of the time and hypocritically thows out your mom jokes then complains that people make jokes that aren't funny. I love how you ironically ignored what sniggles and I just posted actual regarding mma....
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    How exactly do you define be proven a cheat if apparently failing a drug test and being suspended for it is not enough?
    I actually addressed that in my post. But it apparently had too many words for you to understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Now stop neglecting that your constant rants aren't hurting the board also and let's get back to the topic at hand. A mod stirring the shit pot all of the time and hypocritically thows out your mom jokes then complains that people make jokes that aren't funny. I love how you ironically ignored what sniggles and I just posted actual regarding mma....
    My constant rants?

    I've posted two in the last year.

    I posted a your mama joke, but it's hypocritical? I didn't say jokes weren't good for the board...I said you weren't good for the board. You aren't funny. There are many members who routinely post jokes that put anything I do to shame. You just aren't one of them.

    But moreover, you've just admitted that you're a troll. You've stated that you post shit you don't even agree with to "wind people up." As an admin, I don't have a place for trolls on the board. So by all means, keep trolling.

    Nobody will miss you when you're gone.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    ViTRTor has not been proven to be a cheat, nor will any fighter who abuses TRT rather than uses it for medical treatment.
    What about Chael Sonnen? I'm not very brushed up on his suspension history, but doesn't he fit the bill?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •