+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey vs Gina Carano rumored for UFC card on July 4th weekend

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    What about Chael Sonnen? I'm not very brushed up on his suspension history, but doesn't he fit the bill?
    I think the difference between Vitor and sonnen is that Vitor disputes his suspension. He had an accredited doctor come forward and indicate that the treatment given for his injury would have caused a hot response on the test--he had no idea Vitor would fight so soon after the injury, AMA.

On the other hand, sonnen admitted using TRT at abusive levels in the CSAC hearing after his test. He explained he had hypogonadism [according to a family practice doc, without any endocrinology specialty] and had started TUE. He lied and stated that he'd been licensed in Nevada under treatment, and that Kizer himself was down with it. He indicated he gave himself the injections for the treatment, but couldn't remember the dosage...when pressed, he gave an astronomically high amount.

Vitor's abuse is probable, but remains unproven. His "defense" is more plausible than most, for what that's worth. But there are questions as to whether he was abusing or not. You could interpret the data anyway you choose, but either way, you have to understand that it's all conjecture.

sonnen, on the other hand, isn't. He admitted it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Sonnen was far more illegitimate than Vitor.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I actually addressed that in my post. But it apparently had too many words for you to understand.

My constant rants?

I've posted two in the last year.

I posted a your mama joke, but it's hypocritical? I didn't say jokes weren't good for the board...I said you weren't good for the board. You aren't funny. There are many members who routinely post jokes that put anything I do to shame. You just aren't one of them.

But moreover, you've just admitted that you're a troll. You've stated that you post shit you don't even agree with to "wind people up." As an admin, I don't have a place for trolls on the board. So by all means, keep trolling.

Nobody will miss you when you're gone.

rh
    what the hell? You started the whole thing, how is arguing with you trolling? Sniggles admitted to trolling and you didn't say a thing.

Also the only reason you don't think I'm funny is because you are mad at me...

Anyway, Ronda would smash Gina. Cyborg and Holm would both beat Ronda but I can also see how Ronda would beat Holly. I do not think the UFC would want ROnda to lose so Gina makes the most sense but Cyborg would be a huge and possibly bigger draw.

ic
    Last edited by IceCold48; 03-08-2014 at 11:43 PM.

I'm content watching which one will win the battle of worse acting career.
    The fight would be interesting if Gina didn't walk away from mma for Hollywood. Find it lame if the fight does indeed take place.

Is it at all possible that his doctor was covering vitors ass back in 06 or whenever his failed test was? Is it even slightly possible - that even though he is a reputable doctor that he didnt lie to cover it up FOR ViTRTor - given the fact hes a foreign doctor - where medical isnt even close to the standards that are in North America?

Just because a "doctor" says one thing, it doesnt change my suspicion that Vitor is a cheater.

EDIT: and not that anyone cares - i think its hilarious that because certain posters use sophisticated words to show just how smart and intellectually superior they are than others when really you are no better than anyone else on this board.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 03-10-2014 at 09:48 AM.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Is it at all possible that his doctor was covering vitors ass back in 06 or whenever his failed test was? Is it even slightly possible - that even though he is a reputable doctor that he didnt lie to cover it up FOR ViTRTor - given the fact hes a foreign doctor - where medical isnt even close to the standards that are in North America?

Just because a "doctor" says one thing, it doesnt change my suspicion that Vitor is a cheater.

EDIT: and not that anyone cares - i think its hilarious that because certain posters use sophisticated words to show just how smart and intellectually superior they are than others when really you are no better than anyone else on this board.
    All that is possible, do you have an evidence to give validity to those scenarios? Just because someone goes to a doctor in a non US country doesn't automatically mean that they're level of expertise is any lower than what they could get in the States. Yes, I understand that logic works both ways, but evidence to support your (anyone's for that matter) claim would be a game changer in the discussion.

I'd love to see Gina come back and mix up the women's division. She's got skills and can really compete. Of course she's marketable too, but the women's division can use all the star power and skilled bodies they can to build their roster up. Why not?
    You have to know what you don't know.

I think this is a bit of a joke. Gina hasn't fought in years and was pretty much retired in her last outing. Besides a side show, how does it qualify as a good match up? I'd love to see this fight, IF, Gina was to come back and win a few fights. Why I would expect intelligent match making out of the UFC is silly though.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Quote Originally Posted by SMGRIFFIN View Post
    I think this is a bit of a joke. Gina hasn't fought in years and was pretty much retired in her last outing. Besides a side show, how does it qualify as a good match up? I'd love to see this fight, IF, Gina was to come back and win a few fights. Why I would expect intelligent match making out of the UFC is silly though.
    Weren't we supposed to hear something last week, too?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    All that is possible, do you have an evidence to give validity to those scenarios? Just because someone goes to a doctor in a non US country doesn't automatically mean that they're level of expertise is any lower than what they could get in the States. Yes, I understand that logic works both ways, but evidence to support your (anyone's for that matter) claim would be a game changer in the discussion.
    Just because the physician is a US based individual makes little to no difference either. I can point to literally hundreds of medical licenses being disciplined due to various forms of illegal activity to make money. In my opinion, for some people it comes down to the almighty dollar. If someone is paying, someone may have a product/excuse/out available regardless of nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    Just because the physician is a US based individual makes little to no difference either. I can point to literally hundreds of medical licenses being disciplined due to various forms of illegal activity to make money. In my opinion, for some people it comes down to the almighty dollar. If someone is paying, someone may have a product/excuse/out available regardless of nationality.
    I understand that that logic works both ways.
    You have to know what you don't know.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information