+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 112

Thread: Ronda Rousey vs Gina Carano rumored for UFC card on July 4th weekend

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    This is seriously ( to me) coming out of the pages of WWE.

    The Past vs The Future

    What next Jim Ross will be announcing.
    Did you miss Matt Hughes vs a washed up Royce Gracie a few years back?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Did you miss Matt Hughes vs a washed up Royce Gracie a few years back?
    Oh ya I forgot that one
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I know you weren't meaning to compare her and Randy in any way, but still.
    Not comparing them for the sake of who they were but for the fact that you put people on hold because wow they are a big name. Whoppee doo really.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Will this match take place in Jello or baby oil?
    Maybe Mud

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Did you miss Matt Hughes vs a washed up Royce Gracie a few years back?
    Yeah, but that wasn't a title fight.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Did you miss Matt Hughes vs a washed up Royce Gracie a few years back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    Oh ya I forgot that one
    Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Yeah, but that wasn't a title fight.
    Yeah...there wasn't much left for Hughes' future after that point as well. His next fight, he's getting utterly dominated by Penn [again] until BJ separated cartilage in his ribs and couldn't perform in the third, and then the rematch with Georges took his title. From the vanity fight with Royce it was all down hill for Matt's career.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Ronda has to defend her belt against a non active fighter who just walked in from the movie set and yet it is Jones complaining because he might have to face DC who is undefeated at HW and LHW...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Ronda has to defend her belt against a non active fighter who just walked in from the movie set and yet it is Jones complaining because he might have to face DC who is undefeated at HW and LHW...
    But she's hot....

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    This is seriously ( to me) coming out of the pages of WWE.

    The Past vs The Future

    What next Jim Ross will be announcing.

    I agree. Nobody less than Cat or Davis. If Carano comes back it should be like every other person. Make them fight somebody first then fight for the title. Mind you they did the same thing for Randy I guess.
    It's not like the UFC hasn't done this before, Hughes vs Royce and Renzo were in the same vein, hell the match with Royce was for a title. Hell, Kimbo and James Tooney got fights in the UFC and they're way more side show than this. It's not WWE, it's basic promoting, everyone does it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    It's not like the UFC hasn't done this before, Hughes vs Royce and Renzo were in the same vein, hell the match with Royce was for a title. Hell, Kimbo and James Tooney got fights in the UFC and they're way more side show than this. It's not WWE, it's basic promoting, everyone does it.
    Kimbo actually even won. That was a disgrace. McCorkle was another gimmick guy they brought in but no one was a stupider novelty act fight than cotoure vs toney. That shit was retarded he won with a low single hahahahah.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    It's not like the UFC hasn't done this before, Hughes vs Royce and Renzo were in the same vein, hell the match with Royce was for a title. Hell, Kimbo and James Tooney got fights in the UFC and they're way more side show than this. It's not WWE, it's basic promoting, everyone does it.
    Hughes/Royce was a catchweight fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Kimbo actually even won. That was a disgrace. McCorkle was another gimmick guy they brought in but no one was a stupider novelty act fight than cotoure vs toney. That shit was retarded he won with a low single hahahahah.
    Did Toney tap out from the low single? or was he ko'd from it?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •