Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anybody even giving Robbie a chance against Hendricks?

1. Default

I can't put a finger on what but Robbie lacks something to be the champ, but don't think Hendricks has everything either. I see it as Hendricks fight to lose, but don't want him to fight like GSP just to get the win either.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I can't put a finger on what but Robbie lacks something to be the champ, but don't think Hendricks has everything either. I see it as Hendricks fight to lose, but I don't want him to fight like GSP just to get the win either.
    I'd probably say his personality, he's not a big talker. He just comes out and does what he supposed to in the cage (which is how it should be imo). Hendricks on the other hand started talking a bit too much after starting to campaign for his shot (which he definitely deserved).

Would be insane if Lawler did to Hendricks what Hendricks did to Fitch. But I don't think Hendricks will try coasting in this fight to a UD after the gsp fight which I think he won. I think he will probably go for it hard most the fight, while it could cost him if Lawler hits him with one of those fuckin sledgehammers lol.

Lawler knocks him out in the second!

I hope this is a good fight but I'm worried Hendricks will take Lawlor down riding out a decision for 5 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    I think Lawler will struggle I the later rounds, however we don't know if his power can KO Hendricks, I can't remember seeing Hendricks being rocked before, should be a great fight and I will be happy whoever wins!
    Anyone in the division an KO Hendricks if he lands. Lawler however isn't just anyone. He's easily one of the top 5 power strikers in the history of the division. Lawler has grown so much as a fighter. It's actually a shame that he's waited until the twilight of his career to dedicate himself. He's always had the potential to do something great. Should be a very entertaining fight. The only way this is a snoozer is if Hendricks chooses to lay and pray.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

One punch KO power is good to have, but Hendricks is incredibly crafty inside the cage. Johny will be the new champ
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I've also got doubts about him and juicing, but I guess time will tell on that.
    I am really questioning this as well. The way he came off over that whole drug testing debacle was questionable. His whole defense was basically "Look at my body, I have a slight belly, there is no way I can be using steroids". Meanwhile he looks fucking enormous when it comes fight time. Hendricks kept claiming he wanted to use wada not vada, while ignoring the fact that vada runs the tests through wada (if i recall correctly). And at the end of the day, he didn't try to get tested through either. It was all just a little too sketchy for me.

This is such a great fight. I love both guys and there's no telling who would win out of these two. Both guys are BAMFs, have enough power in their punches combined to knock Jupiter into the next galaxy, and are both equally hungry. What makes this so interesting is their styles. If Robbie can defend himself from being outwrestled, which is possible, Hendricks would be in trouble. On the feet, it's whoever can land the first nuke. Robbie also has the speed advantage.

I'm a Hendricks fan and want him to win, but I was always a fan of Lawler since his early UFC days. The only disappointment I'll receive out of this fight is for who loses.

And sir, thamob. It's Lawler, not Lawlor, sir. Thank you. Just giving you a hard time.

I always thought Robbie's name was badass. Like, oh shit, Robbie Lawler is coming? I'm getting the fuck outta here.

lawlor by KO 20 seconds into the fight

yeah lawler has a decent chance but neither guy has a great gas tank they'll just be holding the belt for Condit and then Diaz will stick his ugly mug out and demand the rematch he already declined.

Thread Information