+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anybody even giving Robbie a chance against Hendricks?

I'm continually disappointed in the CSAC.

With SF, they've shown that they're willing to hold one-night, two-round tourneys, they should have been lobbying the hell out of the Fertittas to bring a big card back to the state. The format isn't as gripping as the OG one-nighters, but it's still pretty awesome, and it hasn't been seen in a long time. It would have a "new" quality to it that might turn a few heads and could be the infusion of excitement zuffa has been looking for. If they held a tourney with Hendricks, Condit, Lawler; Diaz would probably be on board. If he isn't, Woodley would be every bit--if not more--viable.

But they're a mess. They've always been a mess. It would be great if they got some serious leadership, but it just looks like it's not going to happen.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

i think if melvin manhoef can't knock out lawler, then i believe that hendricks will be in for a rude awakening if he wants to stand and bang. i believe lawler will probably win this fight.

Hendricks is the favorite for obvious reasons. But you can never count a guy like Robbie out. He's pulled out plenty of victories where there were doubters. He's a vet and he hits like a truck. That's a recipe for winning.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm continually disappointed in the CSAC.

With SF, they've shown that they're willing to hold one-night, two-round tourneys, they should have been lobbying the hell out of the Fertittas to bring a big card back to the state. The format isn't as gripping as the OG one-nighters, but it's still pretty awesome, and it hasn't been seen in a long time. It would have a "new" quality to it that might turn a few heads and could be the infusion of excitement zuffa has been looking for. If they held a tourney with Hendricks, Condit, Lawler; Diaz would probably be on board. If he isn't, Woodley would be every bit--if not more--viable.

But they're a mess. They've always been a mess. It would be great if they got some serious leadership, but it just looks like it's not going to happen.

rh
    As much as I loved the one night tourneys back in the early days. With what wee know about brain injuries and concussions I don;t think it's a good idea for anyone to be fighting more then once in a night.

If Lawler wins, how long til a hyped up rematch with Diaz happens?
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

After watching Lawler vs.Manhoef I will definitely never count Lawler out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    As much as I loved the one night tourneys back in the early days. With what wee know about brain injuries and concussions I don;t think it's a good idea for anyone to be fighting more then once in a night.
    Under the CSAC rules--the only US governing body to sanction a one-night tourney in over a decade--the event equates to (2) two-round fights.

Which is less impactful than the atypical (1) five-round title fight.

Your point is....?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Under the CSAC rules--the only US governing body to sanction a one-night tourney in over a decade--the event equates to (2) two-round fights.

Which is less impactful than the atypical (1) five-round title fight.

Your point is....?

rh
    That I misread what you were talking about

I'd give Robbie a chance against anybody.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    If Lawler wins, how long til a hyped up rematch with Diaz happens?
    Never.

Nick Diaz =

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information