Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anybody even giving Robbie a chance against Hendricks?

Hendricks is the greatest thing since sliced bread......in his own mind. He's already looking well beyond this fight, and I think he will pay for it and get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Hendricks is the greatest thing since sliced bread......in his own mind. He's already looking well beyond this fight, and I think he will pay for it and get caught.
    Yes but I do not think there is anything wrong with thinking you are the best especially since there is a decent chance that he is.

I don't think he is as much looking past this fight as he is looking into the future of an uncertain GSP-less welterweight division. If you are looking at the future of the division, there is really nothing wrong with him viewing himself as the champion as he is confident in his abiliy and thinks he will win, I think Lawler is probably doing the same.

People like Jones acts as if he is a superior human being to majority of the world because he is the UFC champion. That type of shit is what pisses me off
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Another variable in play which I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned is the GSP curse. Lose a championship fight to GSP, and don't expect anything good to happen to your career anytime soon. Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn (the only exception, went on to defend 155 belt), Alves, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields, Condit, Diaz. The curse is real.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Another variable in play which I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned is the GSP curse. Lose a championship fight to GSP, and don't expect anything good to happen to your career anytime soon. Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn (the only exception, went on to defend 155 belt), Alves, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields, Condit, Diaz. The curse is real.
    Shields won 4 (3 if you count the nc) out of his last 5, after his gsp defeat. The verdict is still out about Condit. He lost a close fight to Hendricks and then finished Kampmann. Fitch went on a 5 fight win streak after his gsp fight.

I think we might see a "big rig" crash and burn. Lawler has the better hands and has been starching better strikers for years.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

To me Hendricks comes off as thinking he is entitled. He really believes he is the uncrowned champion and even things that he decisively beat GSP. I see Hendricks seeing Robbie as a step down and thinks he will cruise through him. Robbie had nothing to lose against Rory. And he put a beating on him and rocked him a couple of times. I see Robbie knowing this may be his last legitimate shot at a UFC title and coming out and just going for it, taking Hendricks off guard and either finishing him or doing enough the first 3 rounds to win a solid dec.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    To me Hendricks comes off as thinking he is entitled. He really believes he is the uncrowned champion and even things that he decisively beat GSP. I see Hendricks seeing Robbie as a step down and thinks he will cruise through him. Robbie had nothing to lose against Rory. And he put a beating on him and rocked him a couple of times. I see Robbie knowing this may be his last legitimate shot at a UFC title and coming out and just going for it, taking Hendricks off guard and either finishing him or doing enough the first 3 rounds to win a solid dec.
    I completely agree. Hendricks does have an air of entitlement to him, it shows in his face with that smirk he continually has at weigh-in staredowns. I will thoroughly enjoy watching him get smashed, and hopefully that occurs against Lawler.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Completely agree with this 100%

Well arguably gave gsp his toughest fight and in a lot of ppls eyes should of got the nod. The entitlement part is a bit much but he should feel like he's the best in the world. Im really hoping Robbie wins it tho

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen
    Shields won 4 (3 if you count the nc) out of his last 5, after his gsp defeat. The verdict is still out about Condit. He lost a close fight to Hendricks and then finished Kampmann. Fitch went on a 5 fight win streak after his gsp fight.
    I didn't mean to imply they are doomed forever, just that they tend not to rebound very well. Shields got knocked out 1st round next fight and Fitch faded into obscurity.

Thread Information