+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hector Lombard: Nick Diaz is 'running' from me

1. Default Hector Lombard: Nick Diaz is 'running' from me

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/23...unning-from-me

While the rest of the UFC's welterweight division continues to sort itself out, Hector Lombard remains in limbo -- although it's not for a lack of trying.

Earlier this month UFC officials attempted to set-up a bout between Lombard and Stockton's favorite son, Nick Diaz. The match-up, however, never came to fruition, as Diaz balked at the idea of exiting retirement for anything less than a title fight without renegotiating his UFC contract.

"I'm not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000," Diaz told MMAFighting.com. "There's no way."
    Lombard is now the only healthy fighter ranked within welterweight's top-8 to not have a fight booked.

On Wednesday edition of UFC Tonight, the former Bellator champ reiterated to Ariel Helwani that he'd still like to challenge Diaz, even adding that Diaz was "running" from him.

Should Diaz elect to remain retired, Lombard is still hoping to return on July 5, 2014 at UFC 175, preferably in a bout against Patrick Cote, who bested Kyle Noke via unanimous decision in mid-April's TUF Nations Finale.

Although, according to Helwani, Cote has other plans in mind, so it remains to be seen whether Lombard will get his wish.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Lombard is likely one win away from a title shot unless they decide to go ahead with him as Hendricks' next opponent. Of course that wouldnt be for a while since Johny had bicep surgery.

Cote would be a step down rankings-wise. But if he's looking for a fight that quickly there aren't many options. Maybe the winner of Matt Brown vs. Erick Silva if there aren't any injuries?

The other fighter mentioned as a potential opponent stated he's retired, so that's ruled out. Let him stay gone if he wants.

uhhhhh....no

Nick Diaz has WAAAAAAY bigger problems on his plate than Hector Lombard.

Hahaha backing Nick into a corner lol

Nick is running, swimming, and cycling away from him at full speed. I can't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Fuck it then. Next please.

Only Diaz fans give a damn.

Patrick Cote 'has other plans' and Nick Diaz is 'running,' leaving Hector Lombard all alone in UFC welterweight division
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/4/24/56...or-lombard-mma
    The Predator" has other plans, according to Ariel Helwani on UFC Tonight:

"He's very eager to fight Nick Diaz, but he's thinks Nick running from him, so he'd like to fight Patrick Cote. But Patrick has other plans and doesn't want to fight Hector."

I'd love to see Lombard against Diaz, but if Diaz is truly holding out for a $500k payday, we will never see him fight in the UFC again.
    Last edited by dan the man 67; 04-25-2014 at 09:32 AM.

This is more about luring Nick back to fight than it is anything else. I don't think I've ever seen either guy mention the other before this. Whether you like him or not Nick is still have draw (which the ufc needs now)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information