Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two UFC 168 Drug Tests Come Back Inconclusive, B Samples Being Tested

Default Two UFC 168 Drug Tests Come Back Inconclusive, B Samples Being Tested

Two UFC 168 Drug Tests Come Back Inconclusive, B Samples Being Tested

Two fighters from the UFC 168 fight card returned inconclusive drug tests following the event on Dec. 28, 2013, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The Nevada State Athletic Commission informed UFC Tonight that all fighters returned negative results except for Dennis Siver and Siyar Bahadurzada.

Following their fights, athletes submit two samples to the athletic commission for testing. The A sample from Siver and Bahadurzada came back inconclusive, and the commission is awaiting the results of their B samples.

An inconclusive result doesn’t automatically raise a red flag for foul play. The A sample could have yielded an inconclusive result for a number of reasons. It may have been diluted or contaminated for instance.

Siver defeated Manny Gamburyan by unanimous decision on the preliminary card, while Bahadurzada lost to John Howard by unanimous decision.

Middleweight champion Chris Weidman defended his title against former champion Anderson Silva in the card’s main event. Women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey defeated rival Miesha Tate in the co-main event by armbar to retain her title.

So this is really nothing then...
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

If Siver comes back hot and Gambuyran gets yet another bullshit win, I'll be disappointed.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

4. Default

rh instead of a bullshit win I call it a stupid loss if he hot.

There are many reasons for no results spilled it is a famous one, and useing a none steril device in checking it. They don't pay big money to check pee all day so not always the best of people.

I don't want Siver to piss hot. I like that guy too much to see him suffer a setback like that. With that said, if he does piss hot, I wouldn't be surprised if it were diuretics. I was kind of surprised that he could make it down to 145.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

God I hate this drama-feeding BS.

If they had to request the B-Samples that's fine but why the F make a statement on it? All it does is fuel speculation and damage the credibility of the fighter when it could VERY WELL be the lab or test administrating body.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Obviously Manny caught a contact high from 'lil cousin Karo bro.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If Siver comes back hot and Gambuyran gets yet another bullshit win, I'll be disappointed.

rh
    Wouldn't it be a no contest though?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Dennis Siver tests positive for prohibited drug
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ohibited-drug/
    Steven Marrocco @MMAjunkieSteven
    UFC 168's Denis Siver has been flagged for hCG, NSAC in process of issuing temp suspension pending hearing.

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) is increasingly used in combination with various anabolic androgenic steroid cycles. As a consequence, HCG is included in in the list of drugs the Nevada athletic commission tests for.

In all likelihood, Silver win over Manny Gamburyan will be changed to a No Contest, and his previous wins will fall under a cloud of suspicion.

Wow, what a surprise. A Russian combat fighter essentially getting popped for steroids. Not since Ivan Drago's failed test, after fighting Rocky, has such a thing blatantly occurred.

Thread Information